AUTOBEST JURY AWARDS CITROËN AMI THE "A STAR IS BORN"
- The AutoBest jury, comprising journalists from 31 European countries, has awarded Citroën Ami its special “A STAR IS BORN” prize.
- The award recognises the innovative nature of this new electric individual mobility solution, bringing greater freedom of movement to the widest possible audience.
- On sale since May, Ami is an original and complementary alternative to urban transport modes that can be accessed by anyone from the age of fourteen, with room for two people to travel inside a closed, protective cabin.
A STAR IS BORN
Ami is a practical response to new mobility expectations. With its compact size, unique design and ground-breaking visual approach, Ami breaks the rules, creating surprise and immediate attachment.
And the philosophy of thinking differently extends well beyond the object itself to the entire Ami ecosystem – both in terms of its fully digital journey and its distribution method.
The factors that wowed the AutoBest jury are:
MAVERICK MOBILITY SOLUTION
- Ami is electric: zero CO2 emissions for the benefit of all and access to all city centres, with an easy, silent and fluid drive. A battery that recharges in just three hours from a standard electrical socket, like a smartphone.
- Compact and agile: an ultra-compact 2.41 m body length and 7.20 m turning circle, making city travel and parking easy.
- Comfortable and protective: small on the outside and large on the inside, Ami allows two people to travel side by side in total comfort, with an enclosed, heated passenger compartment bathed in light and protected from the outside.
- An assertive, customisable identity: an original style and innovative design featuring developments such as symmetrical parts and 6 accessory packs, giving Ami its own distinctive look.
ACCESSIBLE TO ALL
- Ami can be driven without a licence from age 14 in France,
- Attractive, flexible “a la carte” offers, bringing mobility within everyone’s reach as and when they need it, from cash purchase starting at €6,000 (€900 bonus deducted) through to monthly rental starting at €19.99/month for long-term rental, and including vehicle-sharing options starting at €0.26/minute,
- Offers now available to professionals.
A FULLY DIGITAL SALES JOURNEY
- With Ami, Citroën is reinventing its distribution method in response to the changing consumption patterns of its customers. A single online sales site, store.citroen.fr/ami, has been developed for an easy customer experience that delivers freedom while saving time.
- Available 24/7, anywhere, from a digital device such as a smartphone, tablet or computer, Ami can be explored, configured, ordered and paid for without leaving your home. You can also book a trial, get additional information via the dedicated call centre, view the list of authorised points of sale, choose your delivery address, etc.
- Another original feature of Ami: it can be delivered to your home just like any other consumer product.
SPECIFIC DISTRIBUTION METHOD
- Through its partnership with the Fnac-Darty network, a French leader in distribution (online sales and customer services) and a key player in the urban mobility market, Citroën is demonstrating its culture of innovation as it reaches out to new customers.
- Ami is presented as the centrepiece of a pop-up kit which breaks the traditional car showroom rules, playing with materials (wood, metal) and colours (orange) to give a fresh, quirky feel. Ami accessories are attached to panels with tensioners in a way that's reminiscent of the components of a construction set.
COMPLETE AND ORIGINAL TESTING SYSTEM
To ensure Ami can be experienced and tested by as many people as possible, Citroën has expanded its usual testing system.
- Mobile pop-up stores (a variation of the pop-up kits to be used in exhibition areas at authorised points of sale) have travelled the length and breadth of France this summer.
- A selection of Fnac and Darty stores are showcasing Ami and offering it on a test basis.
- The participating Citroën network.
- Test drives from the customer’s home.
Citroën Ami has impressed not only the AutoBest jury, but also the public: to date, 2,400 customers in France have already chosen this innovative personal micro-mobility solution designed for the city: easy, electric and accessible.