NEW CITROËN BERLINGO VAN: DESIGNED FOR ALL USES AND DEDICATED TO COMFORT!
Launched in 1996 and produced in over 1.5 million units, the iconic Citroën Berlingo light commercial vehicle, dedicated to professionals, is now available in its third-generation version, called Berlingo Van. As with the passenger-car version, already available to order, New Berlingo Van makes a true generational leap in terms of styling and equipment. Robust and fully consistent with the Brand’s identity, it gains new features for extra comfort and modularity. Designed for all uses, and adapted to all professions, the new model is available in 2 sizes, M and XL, and becomes closest to customer needs with 2 versions “Worker” and “Driver” according to philosophy and use thanks to their ground clearance, equipment levels or protection components. Efficient with its large load volume, easy access and numerous cabin configurations, including the Extenso® Cab or the Crew Cab, it is the ideal partner for all professionals. New Citroën Berlingo Van is built on a new platform for better handling, more comfort and more security. Charting new territory in its segment, it is equipped with 20 driver assistance systems and 4 connectivity technologies together with latest-generation engines including the new BlueHDi 1.5 diesel, the PureTech 1.2 petrol and the EAT8 automatic gearbox. New Berlingo Van will be launched in late 2018.
With New Berlingo PC (particular vehicle) arriving in dealerships this summer, the Citroën brand is unveiling today the third-generation LCV version of Berlingo intended for professionals, New Berlingo Van. A commercial vehicle market in which Citroën achieved 9.7% market share in 2017 in Europe and is positioned in third place on the podium, with almost 73 000 units. The brand’s legitimacy in small vans is underpinned by its pioneering past in the segment, having launched the legendary 2CV, C15 and Berlingo, as well as having introduced the first diesel, the first model with integrated load cell, and the first model with three front seats. Building on this strong heritage, New Berlingo Van marks the renewal of a best-selling vehicle.
A benchmark in “practical sense” for professionals, Citroën Berlingo is a key player in its segment that has successfully innovated over the years. Since launch, it has been produced in over 1.5 million units worldwide, over 1.3 million of which in Europe and over 470,000 in France. An essential model, Berlingo enjoyed a record year in 2017 in France with over 27,000 registrations, up 4% on 2016. Today still, with already over 8,000 registrations, up 25% in first-quarter 2018, Berlingo alone accounts for 40% of Citroën’s LCV registrations and stands as the Brand’s top-selling LCV. Full of ambition, New Berlingo Van intends to continue its success story in its third-generation version, set for launch at the end of 2018.
In short, New Berlingo Van is:
01 - AN ICONIC MODEL WITH AN ASSERTIVE AND MODERN PERSONALITY
Having invented the van model with integrated load cell, Citroën is continuing its story with a van that is more modern than ever. New Berlingo Van possesses a unique body design and robust styling for all professionals.
- The new model has a robust and protective attitude. The body styling has changed, with a more forward-set windscreen and a higher and shorter front end, achieved notably through the adoption at the front end of the EMP2 platform, making for a shorter front overhang.
- A singular front end ensuring extra protection and consistent with the Citroën brand’s identity and its big brother, Jumpy.
- Flowing body styling featuring consummately worked sides and a functional appearance at rear.
- An interior designed for professionals that adds solidity to practicality, in particular with a clean and airy dashboard equipped with numerous useful in-car technologies.
02 - “BESPOKE” COMFORT: A VAN DESIGNED FOR ALL USES
“Inspired by Pro” to be the ideal partner for professionals, New Citroën Berlingo Van builds on its strong points and provides a solution adapted to each profession.
- It offers a bespoke solution to a broad range of uses with: two sizes, M and XL, measuring 4.40 m and 4.75 m long respectively;
- It becomes closest to the customer needs, by offering a 2 special “Worker” and “Driver” versions which differ from philosophy and uses thanks to their ground clearance, engine protection and equipment levels.
- Versatility and modularity are illustrated by: an Extenso® Cab for seating three people in row 1 and a modular Crew Cab for transporting up to five passengers in rows 1 and 2.
- It features the most intelligent design for simplifying everyday life, with an excellent rear access via swing or panel rear doors, sliding doors, useful storage spaces and a record payload of up to 1,000 kg, maintaining the same width between wheel arches (1,23m) for the easy loading of europallet.
03 - THE COMFORT OF A VAN FEATURING THE BEST IN CONTEMPORARY FEATURES
Moving with the times, New Berlingo Van holds its own against passenger cars. It brings motorists top-level ride comfort, and ensuring optimal safety:
- Suspension settings benefiting from all of Citroën's know-how for peerless comfort.
- A new platform designed to provide the most adapted response: harnessing Citroën’s finest know-how, the new model is enhanced with the new EMP2 platform at the front for improved handling and latest-generation technology.
- An exceptional amount of technologies for the segment, with 20 driver assistance systems that make everyday life easier including an Overload indicator and the Surround rear vision system, both of them firsts in the LCV segment, all categories combined, as well as a Colour Head-up display, an Electric parking brake, Adaptive cruise control with a Stop function, and the Active Safety Brake system, as well as 4 connectivity technologies including Citroën Connect Nav and wireless smartphone charging.
- Latest-generation engines strong on performance and efficiency: BlueHDi 1.5 diesel, PureTech 1.2 petrol, and the introduction of the EAT8 automatic gearbox.
01 - AN ICONIC MODEL WITH AN ASSERTIVE AND MODERN PERSONALITY
Citroën: the inventor of integrated load cell
Citroën’s story in the small van segment began at the beginning of the 20th century. Berlingo comes from a long line of models initiated in 1928 with C4 Fourgon with its all steel bodywork and its two hinged rear doors. Then in 1950 was the famous 2CV Van, a 100% LCV version of the legendary 2CV. The compact van started life with all the advantages of a practical and economic vehicle and would go on to become one of the greatest successes in its category. The pioneering model, now a collector’s item around the world, will go down in history as the first mass-produced front-wheel-drive van. Produced from March 1951 to March 1978 in 1,246,335 units, it stands as a truly iconic model.
2CV Van was replaced by Acadiane in 1978. The van was restyled and gained the front end of Dyane. Acadiane was produced in 235,393 units in nine years.
The real breakthrough occurred in the 1980s with a new model, Citroën C15. After the small, two-cylinder engines on the 2CV and Acadiane, the new model launched in 1984 was powered by a water-cooled four-cylinder powerplant. Derived from the Visa launched in 1978, the famed model, perceived as a true professional tool, went on to enjoy a long career. It was produced until 2006, some ten years after the launch of Berlingo! Its reputation for toughness and solidity made it a leading light in its segment. Sales were also boosted by the range of diesel engines on offer. C15 alone sold in over 1.18 million units produced over a 22-year period.
The next great revolution of the end of the 20th century was Berlingo! The first generation launched in July 1996 once again disrupted the segment by providing more distinction and comfort. Berlingo innovated with unique body styling and an entirely singular integrated load area. The model’s name would over the years become synonymous with the segment benchmark.
Berlingo was renewed in May 2008. The second-generation model featured the same comfort and features as saloons, as well as more prestige for professional customers.
A facelifted Berlingo was revealed in spring 2015 at the Geneva Motor Show. In 2016, in a nod to the birthdays of 2CV Van, celebrating its 65th, and Berlingo, celebrating its 20th, Citroën created two special models for the Colette store, 2CV Van Colette and Berlingo Colette, which have become true collector’s items!
New, expressive and modern design
The design of Citroën Berlingo has already changed substantially since 1996, but today it is moving into a new era. In its appearance, New Citroën Berlingo makes a true generational leap and moves decidedly upmarket. Robust and protective, New Berlingo Van gains modern and vivacious exterior styling with flowing lines, free of aggression, and assumes a strong character and assertive personality through its well-balanced proportions.
The teams of Alexandre Malval, Director of Style at Citroën, have designed a special front end for the LCV version. The expressive and distinctively Citroën front end comprises a short and high bonnet for a commanding view of the road, underscored by wide light units confirming the model’s kinship with its big brother, Jumpy, and differing from those of the PC version, which is already available to order. The whole gives the new model an attractive and robust look.
The side styling places the focus on protection and flowing lines and maintains impeccable balance, whatever the vehicle length chosen. The eye is drawn to the large sliding side doors, redolent of practicality through a broad range of configuration and transport possibilities, and which make for more generosity in terms of cabin volume. The flowing styling is marked by consummately worked sides and at the rear, the van keeps its functional appearance and “van spirit” with vertical headlamps and Berlingo monogram.
Inside, the cabin has been entirely redesigned. The specifications of the Citroën Style team were simple: in a segment governed by expectations of practicality, make a clean break with the previous Berlingo in terms of design and functionality to create the best possible combination for the model’s new customers. Fully inspired by the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme, New Berlingo Van gains a modern and uncluttered dashboard, ergonomically positioned and with an emphatic horizontal design. The driver’s station boasts a modern instrument panel, a multifunction steering wheel and a colour head-up display (depending on the version). Procuring a true feeling of robustness, New Berlingo Van also features neat presentation of materials on the dashboard, central console, door and seats. The assembly and trims are intended to be reliable and suitable for professional use. New Berlingo Van’s cabin is also kitted out with TPO floor mats which are easily cleaned. It also can have as an option a wood trim kit (floor and side panels) for enhanced load area protection.
02 - “BESPOKE” COMFORT: A VAN DESIGNED FOR ALL USES
An ideal partner for everyday life, New Berlingo Van targets a broad range of professionals and provides a solution adapted to their motoring needs with simplified cabin and loading access.
“Inspired by Pro”
A spin-off of the Brand baseline “Inspired by You” for the world of business, the new Brand baseline “Inspired by Pro” is dedicated 100% to Citroën’s light commercial vehicles. It targets self-employed tradespeople, shopkeepers, local authorities and small companies working in a variety of fields, including construction, deliveries, services and emergency services. New Citroën Berlingo Van responds to the needs of each of its customers by bringing them a complete range adapted to their business requirements. New Berlingo Van is the “bespoke” light commercial vehicle that places a premium on the driver or employee in terms of well-being and practicality and adapts ideally to their profession.
Designed for all uses
New Citroën Berlingo Van meets an extremely broad range of needs. It is a bespoke van which offers versatility and modularity with: different sizes, different cabins and different opening panels and a multitude of storage spaces and record load volume. It also has a loading volume among the best in the segment in Size M and the best architectural efficiency (ratio of usable volume/exterior dimensions) in Size XL.
2 Sizes available:
As with the passenger-car version, New Citroën Berlingo Van is available in two sizes, an M version measuring 4.40 m long with a 2.78 m wheelbase and an XL version measuring 4.75 m long with a 2.97 m wheelbase. The XL model is well proportioned in terms of wheelbase and rear overhang.
2 cabin layouts:
Designed for professionals working as a team and who need to travel together, the Extenso® Cab offers three seats. It can transport three passengers in the front (row 1) with its broader central seat, which can be transformed into a mobile office with a pivoting writing table. The impressively modular Extenso® Cab adapts to all situations and also features a folding side passenger seat providing optimal load length and increasing useful load volume 3,3 to 3,8 m3 in Size M and 3,9 to 4,4 m3 in Size XL. It is also equipped with a range of storage spaces located around the cabin for keeping documents and tools within handy reach.
The modular Crew Cab version of New Berlingo Van is intended for professionals who need to accommodate up to 5 persons and to carry large volumes. It is available in an XL version and requires no specific conversion since it is already available directly from the manufacturer. This version of New Berlingo Van gains extra modularity and versatility. According to use, it offers a unique comfort with knee room in row 2 -equivalent to that on the passenger-car version. It is also perfect for transporting long loads, equipped with a folding passenger seat and retractable row 2 and a mobile mesh bulkhead with a flap.
2 versions : “Worker” and “Driver”
Adapted to all uses, New Citroën Berlingo Van is available in two versions, each one using with specific philosophy and features for its professional customers :
The “Worker” version targets professionals who transport equipment and workers. At ease on all work sites, this Berlingo model has three front seats, raised ground clearance (+30 mm), a protective plate under the engine and enhanced traction thanks to Grip Control with Hill Assist Descent. The robust model stands apart with its large wheels (690mm) with Mud & Snow tyres, a plastic-covered floor, extra payload of up to 1,000 kg and a loading Pack including enhanced lighting in the load area, 12V power socket and mid-height load securing rings.
The “Driver” version was specially designed for companies and their employees who need to make long trips or numerous deliveries in urban areas. For day-to-day efficiency, this version stands out through its ride comfort, meticulous acoustics and driver assistance systems. It is available with: an acoustic pack, dual zone air conditioning, seats with lumbar adjustment, a rain and light sensor, a cruise control/speed limiter system, electric parking brake, connected radio with an 8” screen, and the original Surround Rear Vision system.
Opening panels for easier loading access
New Berlingo Van is available in a variety of configurations, with 0, 1 or 2, sliding side doors. The sliding doors provide optimised opening width for easier loading and unloading regardless of where the vehicle is parked.
At the rear, the van is equipped as standard with 60/40 panel rear doors, the smaller door on the right, opening up to 180°. The wraparound rear swing doors increase the perception of width and conceal the hinges. The doors are attractive but also practical, as they provide extra protection against theft. To meet the needs of certain professions, the vans can also be equipped with optional glazed swing doors (60/40, opening up to 180°) with heating windows and wipers on the left-hand side only, or with a glass tailgate with a heating window and wiper.
The LCV model also boasts another ingenious solution: a hinged rear roof flap. The generous size of this feature makes for easy everyday use. For transporting long objects such as stepladders or ladders, professionals, including electricians and painters, can use the hinged rear roof flap on New Berlingo Van and drive in complete peace of mind with the doors closed. This option is available only on versions with rear swing doors (it is not available on versions with two sliding side doors and is incompatible with the long versions). The bar supporting the height load has a maximum capacity of 100 kg.
Numerous storage spaces within easy reach
Designed from the start with interior comfort in mind, New Berlingo Van scores high on practicality. The ingenious vehicle is equipped with a plethora of ingenious storage spaces at the front for everyday objects, from the smallest (pens, coins) to the largest (15” laptop, folders). There are 113 litre of storage compartments overall, including a drawer under the seat, an upper “Top Box” glove box made possible by the Airbag in Roof system, a lower glove box, an overhead storage unit, various small storage surfaces, large door bins and cup holders. And for the needs of professionals, the cabin is also home to two USB sockets, two 12V sockets and one 220V socket.
Benchmark boot capacity
Thanks to its rear block, a development of the current platform, New Berlingo Van provides a record loading capacity. It allows for a larger payload and retains its width between the wheel arches (1.23 m) in order to easily load up to 2 europallets. New Berlingo Van boasts record load capacity, with a minimum load volume of 3.3 m3 as standard to 4.4 m3 in Size XL and a payload from 650 kg to 1,000 kg. To better respond to the needs of LCV customers, New Berlingo Van is equipped on an exclusive basis with an overload indicator – the very first application of this technology by a carmaker, all segments combined. It informs the user when they approach or exceed the authorised limit in terms of weight. As for the maximum towed load for the model, it is 1,500 kg.
03 - THE COMFORT OF A VAN FEATURING THE BEST IN CONTEMPORARY FEATURES
With its new modular platform, the new-generation Berlingo LCV benefits from an optimised architecture for more practicality, comfort and safety. It is fitted with modern and intelligent driver assistance and connectivity technologies and with latest-generation engines.
Optimal ride comfort
Produced at PSA's Vigo site in Spain, New Citroën Berlingo Van is built on a new platform for more agility, spaciousness and practicality, while offering classic Citroën suspension settings.
New Citroën Berlingo Van possesses an efficient architecture providing even more functionality. The new model's modular platform is based on the EMP2 platform at the front and the current Berlingo platform at the rear. The platform at the front improves handling with electric power steering and a turning circle ideal for manoeuvres. It also optimises vehicle mass and makes possible the installation of the latest ADAS.
Faithful to the Brand's DNA and the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme, New Citroën Berlingo Van draws on all of Citroën's expertise with suspension settings resulting from Citroën's best know-how in the interest of comfort. Making each journey a moment of serenity for the driver and any passengers, it filters out all road disturbances in all conditions. The peerless on-road comfort of New Berlingo Van results from a comfortable driving position (including for tall people), the comfort of seats (with height adjustment, lumbar adjustment and individual armrest), suspension comfort and soundproofing comfort, with top-level acoustic treatment.
For ideal driving comfort in all circumstances, New Berlingo Van is equipped with the “Magic Wash” function that maintains visibility during window washing and halves the amount of liquid required. A further advantage of the new model lies in its following assistance systems to reduce mental workload of the driver.
Innovative technologies that make life easier
New Citroën Berlingo Van is functional and practical but also extremely reassuring. Fully in step with its times and seeking to bring professionals a safer and more serene drive, the new model is packed with highly useful technologies.
- 20 driver assistance systems
New Citroën Berlingo Van provides motorists with consummate comfort and safety through major innovations.
New to all LCV segments:
- Overload indicator: This innovative built-in function informs drivers when the maximum authorised load is exceeded, be it technically permissible maximum laden mass or technically permissible mass on each axle (front and rear). The objective is three-fold: to prevent overload risks and on-road risks stemming from tyre blow-out or premature wear, to meet customer expectations on safety, and to avoid the risk of a fine for exceeding the load limit. The measurement of the load weight is triggered in two ways: when the engine is started, automatically, or parked, by pushing on the button located in the load area. The system remains active for five minutes.
- Surround rear vision: this system allows visibility to be increased when driving, such as during manoeuvres in surroundings which can sometimes be tight (warehouses, building sites, urban traffic…) without compromising the protection of the vehicle’s load thanks to fully panelled walls (the content may sometimes be worth more than the vehicle itself and is more likely to be stolen if visible from the exterior). The system displays views of the close surroundings of the vehicle so as to limit blind spots for panel van drivers. Th images from the two cameras located at the base of the passenger-side door mirror and at the top of the rear swing doors are displayed on a 5” colour screen replacing the central rearview mirror. The system has three sub-functions:
-Passenger view monitoring: for visualising the passenger side of the vehicle, by pushing the button on the side indicator commodo
-Rear view monitoring: provides a visual aid in the axis of the vehicle.
-Reversing camera: displays the close rear area with the vehicle in reverse gear. (In forward gear, the default view is the rear view monitoring)
Rare in the B- LCV segment:
- Colour head-up display: a system that provides the driver with useful driving information in their field of vision. Projected in colour on a retractable surface, this information (speed, guidelines of the cruise control and speed limiter, changes of direction of the navigation system) is constantly available to the driver without them having to look away from the road.
- Automatic electronic parking brake: a system that automatically clamps when the engine is stopped, automatically unclamps when the vehicle moves forward (activated by default) or manually by a pull on the control paddle.
- Adaptive cruise control with Stop function (on EAT8): this system provides two functions using the multifunction camera on the upper part of the windscreen, automatically maintaining vehicle speed consistent with the driver's setting and automatically adjusting the distance between the vehicle in front of the driver. The system detects a vehicle driving in front of the car in the same direction. It automatically adjusts vehicle speed to that of the vehicle in front, using the engine brake and the braking system (in which case the stop lights activate) to maintain a constant distance:
-If the vehicle in front is moving more slowly, the system slows down (up to 30 km/h with a manual gearbox) or brings the vehicle to a complete halt (with the EAT8 automatic gearbox)
-If the vehicle in front speeds up or changes lane, the cruise control system gradually accelerates to return to the set speed
-If the driver activates the indicator to overtake a slower vehicle, the system authorises them to temporarily move closer to the vehicle in front to help them overtake it, without exceeding the set speed
- Activ Lane Departure Warning system: a system that, by means of a camera which recognises continuous or discontinuous lanes, detects the unintentional crossing of a longitudinal ground marking on traffic lanes. Whenever the system identifies a risk of unintentional crossing, the steering gradually goes in the opposite direction to keep the vehicle in its initial lane. An indicator light flashes during the correction time. If the driver wishes to maintain the vehicle's trajectory, they can prevent correction by holding the steering wheel firmly (for example, during avoidance manoeuvres). Correction is interrupted when the direction indicator lamps are activated. The system functions at speeds between 65 km/h and 180 km/h.
- Driver Attention Alert: alerts drivers in the event of decreased vigilance. The system assesses the driver’s alertness by identifying trajectory anomalies in relation to road markings using a multi-function camera at the top of the windscreen. The feature is especially suited to fast lanes, at over 65 km/h.
- Coffee Break Alert: a system that tells drivers when it is time to take a break after they have driven for two hours at speeds above 65 km/h.
- Extended trafic sign recognition and recommendation: a system that automatically detects and reads certain road signs, including speed limit and end of speed limit signs using the multifunction camera at the top of the windshield. The image on the detected sign and the authorised maximum speed detected by the camera are displayed in the 3.5-inch colour matrix on the instrument cluster and on the head-up display surface. The information is updated when a driver passes a speed limit sign (no entry road sign, no overtaking ban) and the system also takes account of the speed limit information in the mapping of the navigation system.
- Blind Spot Monitoring System: a system that warns the driver if a vehicle is present in their blind spot, using a light in the door mirrors.
- Distance Alert: this system warns drivers that their vehicle is at risk of colliding with the vehicle in front or a pedestrian on the road. If the risk of a collision is detected, a sound and visual signal is activated.
- Active Safety Brake: this emergency braking system limits the risk of minor accidents. It operates at speeds above 5 km/h for fixed and moving objects, and for pedestrians. If the driver does not react, the system brakes the vehicle automatically.
- Intelligent Beam Headlights: a system that automatically activates high- and low-beam headlights at night depending on the lighting conditions and surrounding traffic.
- Cornering Light Function: a system that functions dependent on the steering wheel angle and above 40 km/h. The left or right fog lamp activates in addition to the main headlamp to illuminate up to 75° the angle to the right or left of the vehicle.
- Keyless entry and start: a system that enables the driver to lock, unlock and start the vehicle without using a key. The car recognises the driver as they approach the front door handles or boot with their hands.
- Hill Start Assist: to make hill starts easier, this system prevents any undesired vehicle movement on inclines when the brake pedal is released. The function activates on inclines of over 3% by stabilising the vehicle for two seconds.
- Side Park Assist: informs the driver of the proximity of objects to the side of the manoeuvring vehicle by memorising the data recorded by sensors located in the front and rear bumpers combined with the vehicle trajectory.
- Reversing camera: warns drivers of obstacles near the vehicle via visual and audible feedback.
- Trailer Stability Control: on vehicles equipped with a coupling device (factory option), New Citroën Berlingo incorporates a trailer stabiliser. This additional ESP function detects trailer rocking movements, acts on the brakes to stabilise the trailer and, if necessary, reduces engine power to slow the vehicle down. It detects the towed object when its electric connection is hooked up to the vehicle.
- Grip Control with Hill Descent Assist: providing grip in all conditions, Grip Control adapts the traction of the front wheels to the type of road surface. Drivers simply select one of the 5 modes from the special dial located on the centre console (Standard, Snow, Mud, Sand, ESP OFF). Combined with Grip Control, Hill Assist Descent maintains the car at a reduced speed even on steep inclines. The technology keeps the vehicle on the right trajectory while limiting the risk of slippage or acceleration as it descends slopes, in forward or reverse gear.
- 4 connectivity technologies .New Citroën Berlingo Van also ensures comfort and well-being through digital continuity on board, so that professionals can stay connected with their customers and colleagues at all times.
- Mirror Screen Function with Android Auto, Apple Car Play™ and MirrorLink®: for enjoying smartphone apps on the 8-inch tablet in complete safety.
- Citroën Connect Nav: a latest-generation 3D connected navigation system with a host of advantages. Combined with an 8-inch tablet with a capacitive screen requiring the lightest of touches, this system also boasts voice recognition for controlling navigation, phone and media functions without taking one's eyes off the road. The system comes with connected services such as TomTom Traffic, for real-time traffic info, service-station and car-park localisation and prices, weather information, and a local point-of-interest search function. Danger Areas (optional).
- Citroën Connect Box with the SOS Pack and assistance included: an emergency geolocation call and assistance service. In the event of an accident or any other situation that requires urgent assistance, it calls out the appropriate assistance either automatically or when the user presses the "SOS" button inside the car. Available 24/7, the service is free. For even greater peace of mind, customers can also contact the support switchboard by pressing and holding the “Double Chevron” button.
- Wireless smartphone charging with a special charging station. This all-new system can be used to induction charge a wide range of smartphones or devices compatible with the Qi standard with a charging mat built into a dedicated storage space in the central console. The system does away with the need for physically and aesthetically troublesome cables. Wireless electric energy transmission is based on the principle of magnetic induction.
This third LCV generation is a dynamic on-road performer and brings professionals true at-the-wheel pleasure and an optimised cost of use. Performance has been upgraded through the combination of a new light-weight platform and latest-generation fuel-efficient engines with low CO2 emissions.
New Berlingo Van is available with the PureTech 1.2 petrol engine and the BlueHDi 1.5 diesel, adapted to all uses, both in the city and out on the open road. The engine range respects the environment and delivers top-flight performance and controlled real-life fuel consumption. It is also equipped (depending on the engine) with the new-generation EAT8 automatic gearbox for enhanced driving pleasure over all distances.
Designed and developed in collaboration with the Japanese specialist Aisin, the eight-speed “Efficient Automatic Transmission” gearbox (with steering wheel paddles for manual gear changes) is both intuitive and seamless. In everyday use, it offers improved driving comfort and smoother gear shifting, made possible by optimised exchanges of torque between the engine and gearbox; the transition to eight speeds helps reduce the jump between gears at each gear shift.
- PureTech 1.2 petrol range:
- PureTech 110 S&S 6-speed manual
- PureTech 130 S&S EAT8* available from second-half 2019
- BlueHDi 1.5 diesel range:
- BlueHDi 130 S&S 6-speed manual or EAT8
- BlueHDi 1.6 diesel range :
- BlueHDi 75 manual
- BlueHDi 100 manual
- BlueHDi 100 S&S manual
Length: 4.40 m size M / 4.75 m size XL
Width: 2.10 m (with side mirrors)
Height: 1,80m Size M / 1,85m Size XL Worker
Load volume: 3.3 m3 size M / 3.9 m3 size XL & with Extenso® Cab up to 3,8m3 M / 4,4 m3 XL
Payload: up to 1,000 kg size M / up to 950 kg size XL
Useful length: 1.81 m size M / 2.16 m size XL
Towable weight: up to 1,500 kg
FILMS AND PHOTOS AVAILABLE AT:
Username (caps): NEW_BERLINGO_VU
Password (caps): VAN_2018