NEW CITROËN Ë-SPACETOURER:
9 SEATS COMPACT MPV 100% ËLECTRIC
A pioneer in the field of people carriers and LAVs, Citroën has true expertise in developing versatile and spacious cars that are a pleasure to live in. The Brand proves this once again by unveiling the 100% ëlectric version of the SpaceTourer compact MPV: ë-SpaceTourer. This way, customers will be able to choose their energy, diesel or 100% electric, and get the vehicle perfectly adapted to their use.
ë-SpaceTourer – 100% electric truly amplifies the qualities of SpaceTourer with:
- a modern style full of character signed with the ë logo
- the choice between 2 range levels depending on battery power (50 kWh/230 km or 75 kWh/330 km in WLTP approval cycle) and very easy recharging
- all the pleasure of electrical driving and freedom of access to restricted areas with zero CO2 emissions
- a driving comfort amplified by the absence of noise, vibration and a great fluidity of movement
- the choice between 3 lengths (XS: 4.60 m - M: 4.95 m - XL: 5.30 m), interior layout possibilities that can accommodate up to 9 people, and an efficient architecture enhancing on-board space, storage, boot volume, practicality and manoeuvrability
- 4 finish levels gauged for everyone (Feel, Shine, Business and Business Lounge)
- a height of 1.90 m, making car park access easy
- Technologies for an easier and safer life: hands-free sliding side doors, top rear vision, active safety break, head-up display or automatic main-beam switching, etc.
A companion for an intensive life lived without boundaries, ë-SpaceTourer is a compact MPV that provides a tailored solution for professionals, communities, associations and groups of family or friends, who want comfortable, responsible and economical driving.
ë-SpaceTourer – 100% electric continues Citroën’s electric offensive in 2020 after C5 Aircross Hybrid SUV, Ami and ë-Jumpy. It will arrive in dealerships at the end of 2020.
01 – COMPACT, MODERN AND VERSATILE... A 100% ËLECTRIC MPV
SpaceTourer is a compact MPV that allows 6 to 9 people to travel without compromising on comfort, versatility and design. A high-tech model with a strong character, muscular lines and remarkable handling, it represents a modern vision of a segment that has evolved strongly to incorporate high-level vehicle standards.
Its solid design, with fluid lines, without aggressiveness, gives it a presence full of confidence. The SpaceTourer’s style is both energetic and reassuring, its high front end allows it to dominate the road and gives it all its character.
In line with the times and symbolising group freedom of movement, it benefits from Citroën’s expertise in terms of space, practicality and travelling comfort. Based on the EMP2 modular platform, it has an efficient architecture suitable for all uses, offering more on-board space, boot volume and manoeuvrability. Available in a choice of 3 lengths (XS: 4.60 m - M: 4.95 m - XL: 5.30 m), including the XS version which is new to the market, it is the ideal everyday companion for country or town driving. With its height of 1.90 m, it can access car parks easily. Highly functional, it features hands-free sliding side doors, an opening rear window and plenty of storage space.
SpaceTourer offers benchmark driving comfort through dynamic qualities benefiting from Citroën’s styling and careful acoustic treatment. It incorporates useful technologies designed to ensure a high level of safety and ease of use on a daily basis, such as head-up display and 3D connected navigation with Citroën Connect Nav, Active Safety Break, Enhanced Speed Limit Recognition and Automatic Headlight Switching.
A modern and versatile compact MPV, SpaceTourer brings together the expectations of several target customers with a common need: freedom of movement and transport of people. With the all-electric version of SpaceTourer, Citroën is offering a range of efficient conventional engine versions that will satisfy professionals, local authorities and private individuals looking for comfort and responsible, economical driving.
ë-SpaceTourer makes no compromise on the qualities of the conventional engine versions and provides an answer suited to each need, inspired by different people’s way of experiencing the car.
ë-SpaceTourer – 100% ëlectric is fully in line with Citroën’s “Inspired by You All” electrification strategy, which will see the launch in 2020 of six electrified models, accessible to as many people as possible in a range tailored to each segment.
02 – SPACETOURER QUALITIES SUPERCHARGED
Citroën has designed an ë-SpaceTourer that makes life easier. It offers 2 levels of battery range, which makes it unique in the segment and enables it to best meet expected mobility needs. It’s easy to recharge - whether from a household socket at home or in the workplace, Wallbox rapid charging or super-fast at a public terminal
The connected services are useful for the driver to manage its journeys better. Finally, it is easy and pleasant to drive, ultra-comfortable, without any compromise compared to the conventional engine version.
A companion for a shared life lived intensively, ë-SpaceTourer – 100% ëlectric is particularly suited to the needs of businesses (shuttles, taxis, etc.), local authorities, companies, clubs and associations, families and “tribes”. It ensures they have sufficient range for the vast majority of their journeys, unprecedented driving comfort, access to restricted areas with zero CO2 emissions, and reduced running costs.
- Zero emissions, zero noise, zero stress: freedom from vibration and noise, feeling of fluidity
- Driveability in electric mode with torque immediately available and no gear changes, giving great fluidity of movement
- Peace of mind in operation: freedom to access restricted zones subject to CO2 emissions limits or Zero emission zones, allowing everyone to travel unrestricted.
- Remote cabin pre-conditioning means that the heating or air-conditioning can be controlled before getting into the vehicle. It can be programmed using the My Citroën application or on the touch-screen with the Connect Nav service. It helps to improve battery management by using an energy-consuming function while the vehicle is still plugged in and for improved on-board comfort when getting into the vehicle. If the vehicle is plugged in, the pre-set increase in temperature of 21° takes 45 minutes before the programmed departure time of the vehicle. If the vehicle is not plugged in, 20 minutes are sufficient and pre-conditioning is available provided the battery charge available is above 50%.
Ë-SPACETOURER SPECIFIC FEATURES
On the outside:
The Citroën SpaceTourer – 100% electric has a fluid, non-aggressive design that, thanks to its spaciousness, asserts
confidence and robustness. Muscular and well-appointed, ë-SpaceTourer stands out visually on the outside through:
- the charging port on the left-hand front wing
- an intermediate grille blank on the front end,
- a new monogrammed “ë” on the right side of the grille and on the tailgate.
On the inside:
- On the central console: a new designer and ergonomic ë-Toggle gear lever with Park, Reverse, Neutral, Drive and Brake functions.
- A selector for the 3 drive modes: Eco, Normal and Power.
- A special instrument panel with:
- a powermeter giving consumption (ECO or POWER) and charging (CHARGE) information
- a battery charge status gauge
- a consumption gauge for electrical equipment for on-board thermal comfort (heating, air conditioning)
- a colour electrical matrix which specifically displays energy flow, remaining battery life, the state of charge of the vehicle
- The 7" touch screen incorporates a specific cover in a brand new section under the name “Energy”, which gives access to the vehicle’s electrical specifications:
- Energy flow shows the operation of the electric drive-train in real time with the driving mode selected, the electric motor, and the traction battery charge level
- Consumption statistics show in particular a summary of the average of the current journey in kWh/100 km
- Delayed charge: allowing delayed charging to be scheduled
- Thermal pre-conditioning
In addition, the customer will be able to use the touch screen to view the charging stations available and range according to the remaining battery life.
RANGE - BATTERIES
Built on Groupe PSA’s EMP2 multi-energy platform, ë-SpaceTourer – 100% electric is offered with two battery powers giving two levels of operating range, allowing every customer to select the one that best suits their activity in terms of their usage and budget.
- 230 km on the WLTP cycle with a 50 kWh battery, consisting of 18 modules.
Available on XS, M and XL body shapes.
- 330 km on the WLTP cycle with a 75 kWh battery, consisting of 27 modules.
Available on M and XL body shapes.
BEST IN CLASS - With its two range options, ë-SpaceTourer is the best in its segment and perfectly meets the expectations of the market
New ë-SpaceTourer is fitted with a lithium-ion battery, the most mature technology on the market. The EMP2 platform allows the battery to be fitted under the floor, thus preserving the SpaceTourer’s spaciousness and practicality. The battery stores and supplies the energy required for operation of the electric motor, heating and air-conditioning. Its charge level is shown by a gauge and a reserve warning light on the instrument unit.
The traction battery is guaranteed for 8 years or 160,000 km for 70% of its charging capacity (with a capacity certificate at each overhaul).
The electric motor drives the vehicle according to the drive-mode selected and driving conditions. It provides a smooth and pleasant drive, without the need to change gears, with immediately available torque, and of course without CO2 emissions.
- Its maximum power is 100 kW (136 hp)/maximum torque 260 Nm;
- Maximum speed 130 km/h in all drive modes (Eco, Normal, Power);
- 3-mode selector
- Normal - 80 kW/210 Nm: allows the best compromise between range and dynamic performance
- Eco - 60 kW/190 Nm: optimises energy consumption by reducing heating and air-conditioning output without disabling them and by limiting motor torque and power
- Power - 100 kW/260 Nm provides performance with the maximum number of persons en board.
The engine recovers energy under braking or during deceleration of the vehicle. Two energy recovery modes under braking are available: Standard for a feel close to that of a conventional engine vehicle, Enhanced for increased deceleration when releasing the accelerator pedal. This latter mode is accessible via the Brake button on the gearbox control.
There are three charging modes available. The charging port is positioned on the left-hand front wing of ë-SpaceTourer, and charging is carried out in Park mode. Two types of on-board chargers are available, to better adapt to customer use and recharging solutions: a 7.4 kW single-phase charger as standard and an optional 11 kW three-phase charger.
- Domestic charging (home - workplace - car park)
- Compatible with a standard 8A socket (standard in France),
- Compatible with a high-power 16A socket (optional box + Green’Up socket),
- Private or public rapid charging with installation of a Wallbox rapid-charging box
- 32A single-phase Wallbox
- 16A three-phase Wallbox
- Super-fast charging at a public terminal
Using the My Citroën application, the user can manage battery charging and:
- See how charging is progressing,
- Programme delayed charging using a smartphone or tablet on the My Citroën application or on the vehicle’s touch-screen, via connected navigation in the “Energy” menu. This operation is only available for home (mode 2) or rapid (mode 3) charging. Delayed charging can be altered at any time. Once programmed, it remains only to plug in the vehicle and press the button located inside the vehicle charging port.
Assistance to get the right cable connection.
To help their customers even further, for ë-SpaceTourer Citroën is offering a made-to-measure charging solution, including the equipment (Standard socket and Green Up or Wallbox high-power socket) and installation at home or at the place of work. The Brand has chosen a recommended partner for each European country; in France this is ZEBorne. These solutions are available to private and business users, either for individual or collective lodgings. This service includes:
- Charging solutions approved by the Citroën brand available as accessories,
- A single point of contact for all customers,
- Ability for customers to carry out an on-line check to confirm the feasibility of the installation,
- Installation of chargers by qualified experts,
- Dedicated call centre and after-sales service,
- Handling of administrative arrangements and subsidy applications by the installation partner.
03 – RANGE AND TECHNOLOGIES
ë-SpaceTourer – 100% electric is available in 3 lengths
Its different combinations offer:
- flexible layout to accommodate up to 9 people;
- spaciousness in rows 2 and 3;
- easy access to the vehicle, especially in row 3, thanks to the wide opening of its sliding side door
(Up to 0.93 m depending on the chosen body shape);
- large boot volumes (up to 2,932 litres in XL version - 5 seats)
Optimised dimensions (L: from 4.60 to 5.30 m/w: 1.92 m/H: 1.90 m), which, combined with electro-hydraulic steering and a turning circle of between 11.30 m and 12.40 m, make the SpaceTourer an agile vehicle that adapts to all driving situations and meets everyone’s requirements.
ë-SpaceTourer – 100% ëlectric is available in 4 versions:
For private customers:
- ë-SpaceTourer Feel offered in 3 lengths and ë-SpaceTourer Shine offered in 2 lengths M and XL and available in 8-, 7- or 5-seater versions. These versions are mainly dedicated to new “tribes”, large or blended families, as well as to all those who like to travel with friends. Their interior spaces can be changed at will thanks to the sliding seats on rails, for optimum boot volume and more legroom for those who want it. Their seats with reclining backrests can be folded down into a shelf (passenger seats as well as Rows 2 and 3), making it possible to transport the most bulky objects for leisure or home use in no time at all.
For business customers:
- ë-SpaceTourer Business, offered in 3 lengths and available from 9 to 5 seats. This version with upbeat styling is mainly intended for passenger transport professionals (hotel shuttles, taxis, etc.). Configurable “à la carte” in terms of number of seats and equipment, it allows you to have a vehicle that is almost made-to-measure.
- ë-SpaceTourer Business Lounge, offered in 2 lengths M and XL, and available in 6- or 7-seater versions. Depending on how it is used, it can become a real “mobile living room or office”, with its individual leather seats with backs to the road (in the 2nd row), its sliding and retractable table, as well as its extra-tinted rear window for more privacy. It is naturally intended for business use (chauffeur-driven cars, VIP transport, etc.).
Citroën ë-SpaceTourer is both clever and functional, offering multiple “à la carte” configurations to suit all tastes and uses. This exceptional versatility is made possible thanks to the sliding, removable and above all independent rear seats. It is easy to adjust boot and rear cargo space to accommodate up to 9 passengers or more boot space
- 1st row: the driver’s seat, fitted with an armrest, is adjustable in height and at lumbar level on all versions of ë-SpaceTourer; the driver and passenger seats are electrically adjustable, heated and massaging; the passenger seat with armrest can be switched to shelf mode by pulling the lever on the right of the seat to unlock the backrest and lower it;
- 2nd and 3rd rows: the 2/3-1/3 3-seater bench seats are sliding, folding and removable; they can slide independently to adjust legroom; the seats are removable to provide optimum volume for the most bulky items; occupants have reclining backrests with headrests for comfortable seating.
- Each seat can be folded down separately, including the front passenger seat, to carry all types of objects;
- The rear seats can be easily removed to create a completely flat floor and make the most of the available space;
- On the Business Lounge version, the mobile lounge with its retractable sliding table and its 4 or 5 leather seats facing each other allows groups of travellers to exchange or work together;
SMART AND FUNCTIONAL
- hands-free sliding side doors: a truly exclusive feature in this segment, the loaded arms function allows the side doors to be opened and closed with no contact, when both hands are busy. Simply waving a foot under the corner of the rear bumper unlocks the vehicle and the door on that side opens automatically. A real advantage when putting the youngest children into their baby seat, for example, or for unloading luggage;
- side sliding doors that can be motorised. A real plus, for example, for drivers of the SpaceTourer Business or Lounge, since they can control them from the front of the vehicle to open or close the sliding doors, thus avoiding the need for passengers to handle them;
- an openable rear window, which allows the boot to be loaded optimally in one go, or to be easily accessed if there is no room to open the hatch. The rear window opens with a discreet button, located to the left of the registration plate light;
- numerous open or closed storage compartments spread throughout the passenger compartment (up to 74 litres), with at the front: a lower glove compartment with 12 V and USB sockets, an upper glove compartment that can be illuminated and refrigerated, cup holders on either side of the dashboard, a central upper storage compartment and two large front door bins that can hold a 1.5 l bottle. Passengers also benefit from all these attentions to detail, with the addition of: aircraft-type shelves, sun blinds, and 12 V and 220 V sockets.
DRIVER ASSISTANCE SYSTEMS AND CONNECTIVITY
DRIVER ASSISTANCE SYSTEMS
ë-SpaceTourer – 100% ëlectric makes 15 helpful assistance systems available to business users for safe and stress-free
- UNIQUE in the segment – The Loaded Arms Access (depending on version) means the side doors can be opened and closed without touching them, a genuinely unique feature in the segment. While carrying the key, simply waving a foot under the corner of the rear bumper unlocks the vehicle and the sliding door on that side opens automatically. With the same movement, the door closes and the vehicle locks on moving away from it. This function is perfect for loading and unloading operations with both hands full.
- Hands-free open and go function,
- Active Safety Brake,
- UNIQUE in the segment - Heads-up display allowing the driver to keep their eye on the road whilst seeing in their field of vision essential driving information (speed, cruise control-speed limiter setting, navigation information and collision risk alert),
- Hill start assist,
- Driver attention alert,
- Lane departure warning system,
- Collision risk alert,
- Reversing camera with Top Rear Vision, which displays on the screen a view from above of the rear of the vehicle and its surroundings and zooms in automatically at the end of reversing for easier manoeuvring.
- Coffee Break Alert,
- Automatic headlight main-beam switching,
- Grip Control,
- Enhanced speed limit recognition,
- Cruise control-Speed limiter,
- Blind spot monitoring system.
ë-SpaceTourer – 100% electric offers 3 connected packages for the safety and comfort of all. This package of services is part of the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme, with the sole aim of making access to connected services quick and intuitive for the customer, while meeting 3 key requirements: optimum safety, easy navigation and an amplified connected experience.
- Connect Assist
For the safety of the driver and passengers, ë-SpaceTourer comes with Assistance & SOS.
Automatic call or manual pressing of the “Assistance” button: if necessary, this service allows a driver to be put in contact with a dedicated call centre. There are two possibilities in the event of an emergency:
- In the event of an accident with airbag activation: an automatic call is made to the emergency services, informed of the vehicle’s location.
- In case of a slight accident or if someone feels unwell, the driver can press the red “SOS” button to send a message to the emergency service that contains the identification of the vehicle and its exact location.
Connect Assist can be used to connect the My Citroën application to the vehicle and thus obtain access to vehicle data such as state of charge, range, parking location, mileage, next service. Moreover, it is possible to the delayed charging and pre conditioning.
- Connect Nav
ë-SpaceTourer makes the most of this technology with its 7" touch-screen incorporating all its functions intuitively. The Connect Nav touch-screen can also be controlled by voice recognition and allows interaction with the following areas: Navigation, Telephone, Radio.
It is linked with connected services. TomTom Traffic gives real-time traffic information to identify the best route. The locations and prices of filling-stations and car-parks, weather information and a local Points-of Interest search are also available.
A new useful indication appears on the navigation map : the autonomy circle whih demarcates the available areas according to the remaining autonomy.
Users will also appreciate free-of-charge availability for 3 years of visual and audible warning of Danger areas (Speed Cameras) (depending on legislation in force in each country).
The vehicle can be thermally pre-conditioned via Connect Nav.
- Connect Play
Mirror Screen technology compatible with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto is available to connect a smartphone and project its screen onto that of the vehicle. The driver can then easily locate their multimedia content and control their smartphone and its compatible application directly and easily from the touch-screen. To ensure the safety of the driver, only driving functions are available.
- The My Citroën application allows subscribing customers to manage battery charging (viewing of state of charge range, remaining charging time, delayed charging, access to the specific electric vehicle Free2Move Services application (location of charging points, mileage covered, maintenance alerts, making of service appointments).
- The Free2Move Services application to assist with charging and parking (in France) gives access to Charge My Car services:
- Access to 160,000 chargers, the most widespread European network of public charging stations,
- Location of chargers compatible with ë-SpaceTourer and available,
- Best recharging route planning, depending on available range of the vehicle, outside temperature, topography, driving style (recharging stops, total recharging time, socket type, means of access to station etc.),
- Single payment card supplied or direct payment through the application.
ë-SpaceTourer – 100% ëlectric is a modern, versatile and well-appointed MPV. With its 3 lengths and possibilities for interior layouts, it provides a new fully electric response to the needs of business users and “tribes” (families or friends), adding all the advantages of electric power in terms of comfort and responsible and economical driving to the qualities of SpaceTourer.