WITH NEW C3-XR SUV, CITROËN IS STRENGTHENING ITS SUV OFFENSIVE IN CHINA
- Citroën has unveiled this Wednesday to the Chinese press New C3-XR SUV that will be launched next spring.
- With New C3-XR SUV, Citroën is renewing a successful model produced at Wuhan and having already sold in nearly 180,000 units in China since launch in late 2014.
- New C3-XR SUV has strongly upgraded its styling, which now features the modernity of the Brand’s new identity, and new technologies such as the HSAE infotainment system displayed on a 9-inch touchscreen.
- With a distinctive personality and modern technologies, New C4-XR SUV stands as an affordable, attractive and versatile offer alongside New C4 Aircross SUV and New C5 Aircross SUV, and is reinforcing the coherence of the SUV range in China.
1. A STRONG AND COHERENT SUV RANGE
Launched at the end of 2014, C3-XR was designed for the Chinese market and has proved a major success, having sold in nearly 180,000 units in four years. On launch, it addressed the new, fast-growing B-SUV segment with a resolutely modern model designed with French creativity but adapted to the expectations of the Chinese market.
New C3-XR SUV retains all the youthful spirit and spaciousness of the previous generation but now fits more harmoniously in Citroën’s new range and gains a more fun attitude and extra customisation. New C3-XR SUV is repositioning on the B-SUV segment with more attractive prices but keeping its comfort of use. It is complementing a mainstream offer including New C4 Aircross SUV and New C5 Aircross SUV, two Next Generation SUVs offering a bold design and more comfort.
With New C3-XR SUV, New C4 Aircross SUV and New C5 Aircross SUV, Citroën has a coherent SUV range of three modern and technological SUVs that strengthens its presence on the SUV market – the market with the greatest potential worldwide. With their clearly identifiable SUV cues, including body protection, a high bonnet, a vertical front end, raised ground clearance, roof bars and large wheels, these vehicles form a strong trio with inimitable Citroën styling. They are a major asset for Citroën on the Chinese market, responding to the expectations of a majority of customers.
2. NEW C3-XR SUV: THE WHOLE CITROËN’S IDENTITY
New C3-XR SUV features the Brand's latest styling cues and stands as an affordable and attractive model that meets the needs of the most demanding customers in terms of spaciousness, safety, quality and driving pleasure. It is equipped with connected technologies to appeal to young, tech-loving customers.
New C3-XR SUV embodies a unique and assertive design, at the same time original and colourful, and coherent with the new cues of Citroën’s design, integrating specific new elements:
Front end design
- The robust and reassuring vertical front end has been entirely redesigned to integrate New C3-XR SUV in Citroën's renewed range. The new model's high-set, convex and hollowed bonnet, similar to that of New C5 Aircross SUV, underscores its adventurous attitude with greater robustness and safety and the perception of a serene, muscular and assertive vehicle.
- The light signature is inspired by the CXPerience concept car. The integration of the main headlamps has been redesigned, seamlessly connecting to the slimmer chevrons and adopting a V shape. This gives the new model a strong and assured look, combined with vertical daytime running light bases set in broad geometrical scoops.
- The intermediate air intake sports an emphatic design, sitting firmly in the bumper with typically Citroën capsule patterns that clearly denote kinship with New C4 Aircross SUV.
- In a vibrant nod to New C5 Aircross SUV, touches of colour adorn the front bumper in the shape of red or silver inserts, echoing other SUVs in the Citroën range. Customers can create a vehicle in their own image with three exterior colour combinations: White / Red Colour Pack, Ginger Brown / Silver Colour Pack and Tourmaline Red / Silver Colour Pack. For a more athletic look, the bumper is underscored by a silver skid plate that boosts the new model's go-anywhere, off-road spirit, offering freedom, adventure and versatility regardless of outside conditions!
- From the side, New C3-XR SUV keeps all of its strong points, with chrome-plated weatherstrips and silver roof bars with a singular design, the movement of which extends to behind the rear doors to highlight the sense of interior space.
- The body, soundly protected with wheel arch and lower body protectors, consists of flowing and smooth forms. The classic SUV wing protectors are topped by a groove that lends extra character and enlivens the sides of the vehicle, which boasts a segment-leading 2,650 mm wheelbase for greater spaciousness and versatility.
- New C3-XR SUV is also available with new 16-inch black two-tone diamond-cut alloy wheels, with a modern and typically Citroën design.
Rear end design
- The rear of New C3-XR SUV features the same flowing design with pure and energetic shapes suggesting a capacious boot able to satisfy all passenger needs. New C3-XR SUV gains new rear lights similar to those on New C5 Aircross SUV. The design is embossed to express extra character and showcase the new light signature made up of four rectangular modules on each side.
- The tailgate of New C3-XR SUV bears the new brand image, with new two-colour chevrons in chrome and glossy black, conferring extra status and magnifying the brand. The international name of the model, also two-colour, is expressed in new graphics consistent with the Brand’s new models.
- The vitality of New C3-XR SUV is boosted by a silver skid plate, echoing that at the front, and by chrome-plated twin exhausts reinforcing the car’s on-road stance.
- The Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme having informed the design of the new model is instantly perceptible when opening the door. The driver’s station is consistent with that of the Brand’s most recent models, the seats are welcoming and comfortable, the materials are warm, and the interior is bathed in light thanks to the panoramic glass roof.
- New C3-XR SUV is equipped with a robust, horizontal-design dashboard, once again demonstrating kinship with the Brand’s SUVs. Inimitable Citroën design features magnified on New C3-XR SUV include the crosswise insert on either side of the instrument cluster in a soft material matching the seat upholstery, as well as the strap in front of the passenger, inspired by the world of luggage. The broad curving dashboard insert heightens the sense of cabin width.
- Like the other SUVs in the range, New C3-XR SUV is fitted with original double air vents providing excellent thermal comfort. Positioned vertically on the sides and horizontally in the centre, they comprise coloured modules (in silver or red depending on the design scheme) and the side air vents are enhanced by broad gloss black surrounds.
- The driver’s station has been upgraded in technological terms with connectivity technologies including the new HSAE infotainment system displayed on a 9-inch screen together with two USB sockets and Apple CarPlay, Baidu Carlife and MirrorLink smartphone connectivity. The central console is home to an aviation-style handbrake and the new ergonomic automatic gear stick with a leather handle and bellows, as well as the Grip Control thumb wheel used to select the driving mode for difficult road surfaces.
- The interior like the exterior can be customised, with a choice of two ambiences created to please all customers. One is pure yet dynamic, combining dark grey cloth and touches of red, while the other is more playful and colourful, with a combination of black and vintage red on the seats, door panels and dashboard insert. The welcoming and comfortable seats are topstitched in graphic capsule shaped patterns in line with the Brand’s recent models.
New C3-XR SUV will be launched next spring.
Username (caps): NEW_C3-XR_SUV
Password (caps): CHINA2019
Benjamin Cohen - Tel.: +33 (0)6 74 64 31 29 – email@example.com
Benjamin Demozay - Tel.: +33 (0)6 17 69 91 43 – firstname.lastname@example.org