MORE THAN EVER, PARIS IS A CELEBRATION FOR CITROËN AT THE 2018 MOTOR SHOW!
With 600,000 visitors and 1,000 car sales recorded, the Motor Show has finished on a positive note for Citroën. During this edition of the show, shortened by 5 days, the unique “La Maison Citroën” stand concept attracted a steady flow of visitors, who came to learn about both the Brand’s SUV offensive and its renewed range. New C5 Aircross SUV, presented as a world première, has already accounted for a third of the 420 firm orders, illustrating once again the success of the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme.
More than ever, Paris is a celebration for Citroën at the 2018 Motor Show!
For the 2018 edition, Citroën presents one of the most positive outcomes at the Motor Show, with:
- 600,000 visitors to the Citroën stand with an average time spent there of over 30 minutes,
- 1,000 sales to private customers recorded including 420 firm orders, which is a 50% increase compared to the 2016 edition which had 5 more public days.
This success is based around a renewed and consistent Citroën range, which impacts all models:
- The New C5 Aircross SUV is a firm favourite and receives an excellent reception, making up 32% of the sales completed with a rich mix: 55% for the Shine version, the highest trim level.
Let’s remember that these sales are completed without the customers having test driven the car yet: the first vehicles will arrive in the dealer network during November. These solid initial order numbers show great promise for the New C5 Aircross SUV, presented for the 1st time to the public alongside the C5 Aircross SUV Hybrid Concept, which is a forerunner of the rechargeable Hybrid version.
- 18% of Show sales made up by Citroën C3, the Brand’s best-selling model, with a rich mix as well of 50% for the Shine version.
- 15% of sales made up by C4 SpaceTourer; the family model par excellence receives as many orders for 7-seater versions as for 5-seater versions at the Show.
- 14% of sales made up by the range’s other SUV, C3 Aircross.
- It is worth noting that from all orders, 60% were completed using a financing offer (compared to a usual figure of 50%).
Throughout the whole Show, “Inspired by You” events created the link between Citroën and the public:
- A live performance with a dancer showcasing the current news and the key figures from the Brand, played on 46 occasions to the public.
- Seven events organised in the heart of the Arena:
- The ‘Oui Are French’ Festival with the bands who are accompanying Citroën’s films,
- The professional pathway for competition mechanics with Citroën Racing,
- Technology in the interests of Citroën’s comfort,
- 70 years of the 2CV,
- The discovery of Canada in the C3 Aircross SUV by Petites Observations Automobiles (motoring website)
- The AutoPlus Beijing- Paris Roadtrip on board the C5 Aircross SUV,
- The women who are building tomorrow’s motor industry with the Wave association.
- 2,200 visitors who became drivers at the controls of the WRC simulator,
- The “Le petit Citroën” shop which handed over more than 3,200 baskets of lifestyle.citroen.com products,
- 3,300 bottles of Orangina served at the Café Bulle.
“The 2018 Motor Show confirms Citroën’s successful dynamic, with a very positive reception from the public for the renewal of the range, which has seen the launch of 6 models since the previous edition. The many orders recorded including half of them for the New C5 Aircross SUV even before its arrival in the dealer network are very satisfying for the teams who have welcomed the 600,000 visitors and collected 1,000 sales, which represents an increase of 50% even though the Show lasted 5 days fewer. More than ever, Paris is a celebration for Citroën at the Motor Show. Everyone is invited to the Brand’s upcoming festivities as part of the Centenary in 2019!”. Linda Jackson, Citroën Brand Director.
CITROËN’S PHOTOS AND VIDEOS AT THE 2018 PARIS MOTOR SHOW AVAILABLE AT
User ID (updated): P_MOTORSHOW
Password (updated): PARIS_OCT2018
La Marque Citroën
Marque automobile internationale au cœur de l’offre généraliste, Citroën cultive audace et créativité depuis 1919. Différentes par leur design, génératrices de bien-être par leur confort et leurs technologies, les Citroën font souffler un vent de fraîcheur dans le paysage automobile, à l’image de Nouvelle C3 ou de Nouveau SUV Compact C3 Aircross. Marque populaire au sens noble, Citroën fait des gens et de leurs modes de vie sa première source d’inspiration. Un esprit incarné par sa signature ‘Inspired by You’ et porté par son expérience client unique, notamment avec son concept de city store ‘La Maison Citroën’, son site d’avis en ligne ‘Citroën Advisor’ ou encore ses solutions de mobilité (Citroën Rent&Smile et Earn&Drive). Citroën, c’est 10 000 points de vente et après-vente dans près de 80 pays et 1,1 million de véhicules vendus en 2017. C’est aussi 8 titres de champion du monde des constructeurs en WRC et
3 titres consécutifs de champion du monde des constructeurs en WTCC.