FOR ITS 100TH ANNIVERSARY, CITROËN IS OFFERING THE CHANCE TO LEARN TO DRIVE FROM THE AGE OF 10 WITH ‘YOUNG DRIVER BY CITROËN’!
- For its 100th anniversary, Citroën is reaching out to younger people, with a learner driver programme from the age of 10: YOUNG DRIVER by Citroën.
- A first in France, this exclusive partnership takes up the successful formula of YOUNG DRIVER in the United Kingdom, with 700,000 lessons already given.
- Budding drivers will take the wheel of a driving school Citroën C3 on a safe circuit next to a certified instructor.
- An original initiative in the interests of a relaxed learning approach to road safety, because pupils who have taken lessons from the youngest age have on average 60% less accidents when they finally take to the road!
- Reservations for the 1st day on 15 June in la Roche-sur-Yon on the site www.youngdriver.fr
Learning early means learning better. Drivers who have done some accompanied driving have less accidents than others. Pupils who have taken lessons from the youngest age have on average 60% less accidents when they finally take to the road. With accompanied driving from the age of 15 in France, teenagers can already get started earlier than their elders. Now, the youngest will also be able to learn to drive from the age of 10 with ‘YOUNG DRIVER BY CITROËN’!
This learner driver programme for younger people has already seen great success in the United Kingdom, with 700,000 lessons given. For the first time in France, Young Driver kicks off on 15 June, via an exclusive partnership with Citroën along the same lines:
- At a temporary learning centre, the driving school sets up for the day. Parents and children head there to its festive atmosphere. We never forget our first times: by bike, by car… it’s an important moment!
- At the wheel of a Citroën C3 with dual controls, the 30 or 60-minute lesson begins, accompanied by a certified instructor on a safe and specially equipped circuit, with road signs and traffic lights.
- It’s all about getting the hang of the main operations: adjusting the seat, changing gears, parking… in total freedom, with no fear and while having fun.
Reservations are now open for the first day which is organised for 15 June: www.youngdriver.fr
Other dates will follow in summer in other French cities.
YOUNG DRIVER BY CITROËN
From the age of 10 – minimum required height: 1.42 m
15 June 2019: Parc Exposition des Oudairies - Rue Giotto - 85000 La Roche-sur-Yon
The Citroën brand
At the heart of the automotive market, Citroën has since 1919 stood as a popular brand in the noble sense of the term, its main source of inspiration being people and their lifestyles. This spirit is underlined by its baseline “Inspired by You” and embodied by cars boasting unique styling and benchmark comfort. Citroën also stands out among mainstream carmakers by bringing its customers a singular experience, for example with Citroën Advisor and “La Maison Citroën”. In 2018 the Brand sold 1.05 million vehicles in over 80 countries.
Citroën media site: https://fr-media.citroen.com – @CitroenFrance