ON THE EVE OF ITS CENTENARY, CITROËN UNVEILS A NEW VERSION OF ITS BRAND FILM FULL OF SURPRISES!
- In 2019, Citroën will celebrate its 100 years: 100 years of audacity, of innovations, of sporting exploits and of iconic advertising.
- We find all of these ingredients in the new version of the Brand campaign which features the hitchhiker once again in four brand new clips.
- On the programme: new models which are iconic but also with personalities inseparable from the Brand’s history!
- This new episode will be broadcast from 30 December and a preview can be seen at https://youtu.be/cl6lIwvoxv4
After the launch of a first episode of its Brand campaign last March, Citroën is back with a new version of this film produced alongside the agency Traction. Broadcast internationally, this episode 2 features the hitchhiker once again in four brand new clips:
- Jacques Séguéla/Citroën DS: sat comfortably in a DS Pallas in the 60s, the famous publicist is the architect of Citroën campaigns from the 80s (Wild Chevrons, AX on the Great Wall of China, Visa GTi on the Clémenceau aircraft carrier, CX with Grace Jones, etc.) and the inventor of entertainment advertising, just as André Citroën himself had the gift for.
- Xsara Picasso: our hero also crosses the path of a child who strangely looks like him on board the Brand’s first compact MPV.
- Sébastien Loeb/Citroën Xsara WRC: our hero gets on board with Sébastien Loeb in the racing car which helped him to become Rally World Champion for the first time in 2004. With his co-driver Daniel Elena, he would deliver eight constructor’s world titles for the Brand and would win nine driver’s titles. A record forever engraved on the hearts of fans and of the Brand, which from its very creation has opened the way to memorable exploits beginning with the Citroën expeditions in half-tracks.
- New Citroën C5 Aircross SUV: the film continues with a journey on board the Brand’s latest launch, carrying a group of adventurers. It is worth noting that this will be the first advertising appearance for Citroën’s new SUV, a few days before the broadcast of its launch advertising campaign.
A real ode to freedom, the film shows Citroën’s history which began in 1919: “We have shared the same love of freedom for 100 years”. The images are accompanied by a timeless musical success, “Take a long way home”, sung by Roger Hodgson, co-founder of SUPERTRAMP.
Having already won awards this year from Auto Moto and Top Com, the 2018 film has just been rewarded twice more over the last few days in Paris with the major prize of Advertiser of the Year and also the Coyote Automobile awards.
To launch its centenary year and to celebrate the New Year, Citroën will broadcast the 2 minute 26 second version on social networks. Two shorter versions of 30 and 45 seconds will also be broadcast, on television from 30 December 2018 to 2 January 2019 in France. A great way of launching Citroën’s centenary year, which is keeping a number of surprises up its sleeve…
A preview of the film can be seen online: https://youtu.be/cl6lIwvoxv4
PHOTOS AVAILABLE AT: http://www.citroencommunication-echange.com/
Username (caps): NEWSUVC5A
Password (caps): PUB2019
ADVERTISER AUTOMOBILES CITROËN
CITROËN MANAGEMENT Arnaud Belloni, Claudine Borel, Stéphane Barbat, Anne Boura.
TRACTION MANAGEMENT Bertille Toledano, Hugues Reboul, Julien Grimaldi, Anyce Nedir, Marina Kovalenko
STRATEGIC PLANNING: Philippe Martin Davis
CREATIVE DIRECTION Stéphane Xiberras
CREATIVE DIRECTOR Nicolas Lautier
ARTISTIC DIRECTOR Matthieu Vivinis
COPYWRITER Jean-Romain Sparano
TRAFFIC Nathalie Sanseigne
TV PRODUCER Caroline Petruccelli
PRODUCTION COMPANY Insurrection
SOUND PRODUCTION Gum
DIRECTOR François Rousselet /Thierry Poiraud
DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY Stéphane Fontaine/Mathias Boucard
MUSIC “Take the long way home” sung by Roger Hodgson, co-founder of SUPERTRAMP
The Citroën Brand
An international automotive brand at the heart of the mainstream market, Citroën has cultivated boldness and creativity since 1919. Standing apart through their design and ensuring well-being through comfort and technology, Citroën cars like the New C3 and the New C3 Aircross Compact SUV, bring a breath of fresh air to the automotive world. The brand is popular in its noblest sense: its main source of inspiration is people and their lifestyles. This spirit is captured in its signature: “Inspired by You”. It also finds expression through a unique customer experience with its city store concept ‘La Maison Citroën’, its online opinion site ‘Citroën Advisor’ and mobility solutions such as Citroën Rent & Smile and Citroën Earn & Drive. With 10,000 sales and after-sales points in nearly 80 countries, Citroën sold 1.1 million vehicles in 2017. The Brand has also amassed eight Manufacturers’ titles in the World Rally Championship and won three consecutive Manufacturers’ title in the FIA World Touring Car Championship.
Nathalie ROUSSEL - Tel.: +33 (0)6 87 77 41 82 - email@example.com
Paul MAHOUIN - Tel.: +33 (0)7 61 52 63 16 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Find all your Citroën press contacts on http://fr-media.citroen.com/fr/contacts-list