CITROËN LAUNCHES THE FIRST GLASSES THAT RESTORE THE TASTE FOR TRAVEL: SEETROËN!
The long-awaited summer holidays – and long summer holiday journeys – are just around the corner. But with more time and opportunities to read on their smartphones or tablets, children and adults alike are afflicted by motion sickness. Over 30 million people in Europe suffer from chronic travel sickness. In response, Citroën, a brand dedicated to comfort, is presenting SEETROËN, the first glasses to eliminate motion sickness. The principle of the SEETROËN glasses is simple. They contain a coloured liquid that recreates the horizon line to resolve conflict between the senses.
The glasses are being launched today at the price of €99 on the Brand’s lifestyle webstore (lifestyle.citroen.com). Watch a video on them here: https://youtu.be/rjqv8A5mFBA.
A popular brand in the noble sense of the term aimed resolutely at providing comfort for all, Citroën is presenting SEETROËN, the first glasses to do away with motion sickness. While unable to prevent high tides or traffic jams, they do provide a solution for this widespread complaint (also known as kinetosis) that affects over 30 million Europeans in a chronic manner. One in three people experience motion sickness symptoms at least once in their life.
Having learned of a solution initially developed for sailors, Citroën decided to extend its use to the general public – on boats as well as in cars and buses and on planes – by creating the SEETROËN glasses.
- SEETROËN glasses use Boarding RingTM technology developed by the start-up of the same name based in the Var in the south of France. The patented and tested paramedical solution has an efficacy rating of 95%.
- Equipped with moving liquid in the rings around the eyes, both along the frontal axis (right/left) and sagittal axis (front/back), the glasses recreate the horizon line to resolve the conflict between the senses that causes the affliction.
- For the design of the glasses, Citroën called on 5.5, a collective design studio based in Paris, which has successfully incorporated the Brand’s fresh, simple and ergonomic style. The result is a pair of glasses with
a high-tech look in white soft-touch plastic.
So how do they work exactly?
- Put on the glasses as soon as you experience the initial symptoms.
- After 10 to 12 minutes, the glasses enable the mind to resynchronise with the movement perceived by the inner ear while the eyes were focused on an immobile object such as a smartphone or a book.
- Take the glasses off and enjoy the rest of your journey.
For use by adults and children aged over ten (when the inner ear has finished growing).
The glasses are glassless, so they can be shared by all the family and travelling companions. They can also be worn over other glasses.
SEETROËN glasses are on sale today at the price of €99 on the Brand’s lifestyle webstore, lifestyle.citroen.com
Watch a video on the glasses: https://youtu.be/rjqv8A5mFBA
FILMS AND PHOTOS AVAILABLE AT:
Username (caps): SEETROEN
Password (caps): GLASSES18
The Citroën brand
An international automobile brand at the heart of the mainstream offering, Citroën has been cultivating audacity and creativity since 1919. Different by their design, generators of well-being by their comfort and their technology, Citroëns are a breath of fresh air on the automotive landscape, like New C3 or New C3 Aircross Compact SUV. A popular brand in the true sense of the word, Citroën makes people and their ways of life its main source of inspiration. A spirit embodied by its signature ‘Inspired by You’ and driven by its unique customer experience, in particular with its city store concept ‘La Maison Citroën’, its online review website ‘Citroën Advisor’ and also its mobility solutions (Citroën Rent&Smile and Earn&Drive). Citroën has 10,000 new vehicle and after sales dealerships in nearly 80 countries, with 1.1 million vehicles sold in 2017. It also has 8 WRC Constructor’s World Champion titles and 3 consecutive WTCC Constructor’s World Champion titles.
Nathalie Roussel - Tel.: +33 (0)6 87 77 41 82 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul Mahouin - Tel.: +33 (0)7 61 52 63 16 - email@example.com
Find all your Citroën press contacts on http://fr-media.citroen.com/fr/contacts-list