CITROËN AT THE 2015 GENEVA MOTOR SHOW
50 MILLION VEHICLES AND STILL DRIVEN BY CREATIVITY! CITROËN: a brand with a unique identity, celebrating the sale of 50 million vehicles since its founding. World first: New CITROËN Berlingo Multispace and Berlingo MOUNTAIN VIBE CONCEPT New vehicles: New C4 range and C3 Picasso Black Top An extensively renewed range based on pure, optimistic styling, comfort, peace of mind and intelligent technology.
Creativity, boldness, and an occasional touch of cheek. Such are the ingredients that have built the success story of CITROËN over the past 95 years and more! A success illustrated in spring 2015 by a symbolic result: 50 million vehicles with the double chevron stamp sold since the brand's founding. A recognised signature, symbolising vehicles of strong styling, comfortable, ingenious, functional and easy to live with, and a range of innovative services.
CITROËN has always harnessed "creative flair and technology to enhance well-being". Today, it is drawing upon its DNA to restate its identity: a creative brand, different from the rest, promoting positive, relaxed mobility and a more straightforward relation to cars through its products and services as well as through its network.
The models and concepts presented on the CITROËN stand at the Geneva Motor Show reflect this momentum. Drawing on the brand identity, they deliver pure and optimistic design, comfort and peace of mind, along with intelligent technology.
WORLD FIRST : the New CITROËN Berlingo Multispace
A vehicle with a strong personality, ingenious and cheerful, the New CITROËN BERLINGO is updating its approach with a new, more expressive front end, and useful, modern technologies including the new 7-inch touch drive interface and Active City Brake, as well as efficient latest-generation engines. A pioneer in the leisure-vehicle sector and a constantly renewed benchmark, it maintains all its qualities in terms of modular design, space, comfort and equipment, such as the Modutop®.
An original concept: the Berlingo MOUNTAIN VIBE CONCEPT
An upbeat, energetic concept featuring a full range of body reinforcements and accessories to enjoy nature, explore hill and dale and reach for the highest summits. A nod to the transalpine scenery around Geneva, it is the ideal partner for all those looking for open air sports and freedom.
NEW VEHICLE : New CITROËN C4 Range
This new model is consolidating its status as a compact hatchback of dependable value, easy to live with and to drive. A vehicle of elegant design, consistent, global comfort and real on-road qualities. It also gains a number of upgrades designed to bring out its character and make life easier: new headlights and rear lights, 7-inch touch drive interface, keyless access and drive. Making a generational leap, it adopts the efficient PureTech and BlueHDi powertrains, as well as the new EAT6 automatic gearbox.
NEW VEHICLE : CITROËN C3 Picasso « Black Top”
The C3 PICASSO maintains all its qualities in terms of design, comfort and modularity. Taking advantage of the new PureTech 110 and BlueHDi 100 engines, it features dynamic two-tone "Black Top" bodywork, combining a black roof with a choice of three body colours.
A RENEWED RANGE
- The CITROËN C4 CACTUS: a vehicle embodying a new approach to cars, expressing the positioning of the CITROËN brand. A crossover of a new type, with a unique design and a global approach to comfort and technology for a more relaxed lifestyle Some 47,000 orders have already been taken since launch.
The C4 CACTUS AIRFLOW 2L concept: a laboratory for new ideas, this concept allies design and aerodynamics with lightweight construction and an innovative drivetrain, for an economical vehicle consuming less than 2l/100km.
- The New CITROËN C1: launched a few months and already sold in 41,000 units, this naturally urban city car is cheerful, practical and comfortable. The Airscape versions deliver an even more relaxed driving experience. Building on the success of the concept presented last year, the Swiss subsidiary is displaying a limited series produced locally, the C1 Swiss & Me. Packed with character, it illustrates the personalisation potential of the C1 and its capacity to live urban life to the full.
- The CITROËN C4 Picasso & Grand C4 Picasso: No. 1 on the MPV segment in Europe after just a few months, with 187,000 orders since launch. Pure, expressive design as part of an approach dedicated to the comfort of all the occupants
All these vehicles showcase the application of intelligent technology for:
- convenience: with, for example, the touch drive interface, now available from the C1 to the C4 Picasso, via the New C4 Range and New Berlingo,
- lower running costs, with, for example, the latest-generation BlueHDi and PureTech engines. These advanced, efficient powertrains are on a par with the best for fuel efficiency and emissions. No fewer than 20 versions are best in class for CO2 emissions.
Depending on the country, these vehicles are also available with new services and innovative purchasing solutions, including SimplyDrive/FlexiDrive, CITROËN Racing Service, or the CITROËN CONNECT connected services. These services are included with the commitment for greater transparency made by CITROËN to customers: CITROËN & YOU.
The values of intelligent technology and human adventure are part of CITROËN. They can be seen in the development of the CITROËN C-ELYSEE WTCC: a sporting success building the renown of the brand on international markets. After claiming two world titles — manufacturer and driver — in its first year, CITROËN is maintaining its sporting commitment and will be in Argentina on 8 March next.
The Geneva Motor Show will be open to the general public from Thursday 5 March 2015. The CITROËN stand is in Hall 6. The press days take place on Tuesday 3 and Wednesday 4 March next.
The press conference will be held on Tuesday 3 March 2015 at 1:45 pm.
The people below will be available for interview:
- Linda Jackson, CITROËN CEO
- Julien Montarnal, CITROËN Director of Marketing, Communication and Sport
- Xavier Peugeot, CITROËN Director of Product Planning
- Alexandre Malval, CITROËN Design Director
- Joël Maynadier, CITROËN Range Manager
- Pierre-Yves Couineau, C4 Cactus Product Manager
- Benjamin Maigre, New BERLINGO Product Manager
- Jean-Michel Marmiesse, New C4 Range Product Manager