CITROËN OPENS ITS NEW URBAN DEALERSHIP CONCEPT IN PARIS: "LA MAISON CITROËN"
Citroën is setting up its urban dealership concept, "La Maison Citroën", for an initial test in Paris, on 39 rue Saint-Didier in the 16th arrondissement. An architectural expression of the concept presented on Citroën's stands at the latest motor shows, La Maison Citroën perfectly embodies the Brand's "Be different, feel good" claim. In an intimate 150 m2 space that breaks with the cues of conventional automotive retail, visitors enjoy an experience blending the physical and the digital, emphatically situating the new dealership concept in the "phygital" era. Here’s a sneak preview…
Welcome to "La Maison Citroën": 39, rue Saint-Didier, Paris 16
More than anyone in his time, André Citroën knew how to break with existing conventions in automotive retail. The venue that Citroën is readying to open on 39 rue Saint Didier in Paris is a product of that legacy. Right from the shop window, a giant screen stirs the curiosity and draws the attention of passers-by, encouraging them to enter. Inside, the warm design scheme features natural wood and walls inscribed with colourful words. Cars may feature in the centre of the space, but the decor is not that of a traditional sales outlet. The experience here is distinctive, with numerous screens, personalisation accessories and window displays of lifestyle products. Welcome to "La Maison Citroën"!
A unique and seamless experience
The Brand is preparing for the initial opening of this new venue, expressing all of its "Be different, feel good" claim. Each visitor will be able to enjoy a unique experience, at once intimate and technological, in a very real "phygital" urban retail concept aimed at enhancing the Citroën customer experience. La Maison Citroën is organised in three phases: Attract, Display, Configure & Sale.
"ATTRACT", to make people want to come inside
- With its glass façade, enabling people to project themselves visually into the interior, La Maison Citroën has an original look, the appeal of which is underscored by the giant vertical screen in the window display. The Citroën spirit is expressed in the images displayed on the screen, creating an optimistic and people-centric feel.
"DISPLAY", to offer the entire Brand universe in a seamless and fun visit
- The Citroën Wall is a touch table for configuring the entire range that stands out through the quality of its 3D images, bringing visitors an immersive experience with outstanding visuals. Customers can start configuring their cars on line and access their work in progress when visiting La Maison Citroën, benefiting from the advice of the sales team composed of Brand Ambassadors. These automotive retail specialists are also experts in the use of digital tools.
- In addition to the two vehicles on display, the range is presented on the walls bedecked in wheel rims, steering wheels and fabric samples. Six models from the range are depicted in a highly decorative presentation. Visitors get to touch the materials and choose their colours from colour charts.
- They can take a refreshing break at the Café André and relax in the neighbouring waiting area, enjoying its lounge-like layout.
- Citroën Origins, Citroën's virtual museum is also present at La Maison Citroën, accessible via a special touchscreen.
"CONFIGURE & SALE", to support sales in a unique and feel-good manner
- The layout of the venue simplifies the customer journey, particularly in the partition-free Sales Area where customers sit at a table to talk with the sales staff and finalise the details of the purchase. The configuration begun before the visit and/or continued on site is just as easily accessed here.
- With the Le Petit Citroën shop, customers can take home a piece of the Citroën legend from among a broad choice of miniature models and lifestyle products from the online shop.
- Before they leave, visitors are invited to rate their experience at Citroën via the Citroën Advisor site.
The 150-m2 space is supplemented by a test drive fleet in the basement and an after-sales workshop, also accessible at the same address. The whole brings customers a multi-channel experience, possibly started on line and then continued in-store, without forgetting services.
A new step forward in the renewal of the Citroën customer experience
With the opening of La Maison Citroën, the Brand is taking a new step forward in the renewal of the Citroën customer experience. A global architecture programme has been designed for all physical contact areas:
- The Salons, with stands where the Brand already initiated the change at the latest Paris Motor Show,
- La Maison Citroën, a new urban retail concept integrating the latest "phygital" technologies in-store. The first address of its kind, the Paris test will be renewed in other world capitals following initial feedback,
- In the long term, the dealerships in the network, featuring the same cues of well-being, colours, warmth and modernity,
- And already in the form of indoor/outdoor exhibitions as part of temporary sales structures.
This innovative approach has already earned the "Janus du Commerce 2016" label. Through the label, the IFD French design institute is acknowledging the importance of value in use and encouraging projects that harness design to improve the living environment and comfort of consumers.
To discover La Maison Citroën, an avant-première event reserved for the media is being organised on 27 April.
Sign up with our press contacts.