CITROËN ACHIEVES AN EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMANCE IN EUROPE SINCE THE START OF THE YEAR!
In terms of PC+LCV registrations in Europe (30 countries) in the 1st quarter of 2019:
- From the 12 largest automotive brands in the European market, Citroën is the brand which has grown the most since the start of the year. For PC, Citroën is even the only brand in the Top 12 to have grown!
- As a result: Citroën has gained 0.3 point in PC+LCV market share compared to the 1st quarter of 2018.
- This performance has allowed Citroën to gain one place in the ranking of the brands (7th vs. 8th in Q1 2018).
Despite the drop in the European automobile market since the start of the year (PV+LCV registrations down by 2.3% in Europe 30 vs. Q1 2018), Citroën has attained excellent commercial results in Europe in the 1st quarter, with:
- The strongest growth of the Top 12 brands in Europe (PC+LCV): +3.2%.
A performance driven in particular by the success of the latest models in Citroën’s PC range, a market segment in which Citroën has grown by 5.8% in the 1st quarter, in a PC market delivering -3.2%. In addition, Citroën is the only brand in the Top 12 to see its PC registrations grow in the 1st quarter!
In several countries, Citroën has registered double-digit growth in PC registrations in the 1st quarter:
- in France (Citroën’s largest market in Europe): +10.3%
- in the United Kingdom (4th largest market): +16.8%
- in Denmark (7th largest market): +26.8%
- in Portugal (8th largest market): +15.4%
- A gain of 0.3 point in market share in Europe (PC+LCV) compared to the 1st quarter of 2018.
Citroën’s PC+LCV market share in Europe therefore sits at 4.9% at the end of the 1st quarter of 2019.
Citroën’s PC+LCV market share even grew by +0.6 point in France to reach 11.8%, +0.6 point in Spain to reach 7.4% (3rd largest market) and +0.3 point in Italy to reach 5.3% (2nd largest market).
- A gain of one place in the ranking of the brands for PC+LCV: 7th brand in Europe, vs. 8th in Q1 2018.