CITROËN Ë LIFESTYLE COLLECTION: NEW MODERN, TECHNICAL ITEMS
Ë, the Citroën Lifestyle capsule collection, has grown to include two new flannel articles: a bodywarmer and a cap. The style of these two items blends seamlessly into this modern, technical range of products called Ë (to be pronounced ‘E umlaut’). The latter refers to the distinctive grapheme found within the word ‘Citroën’.
To help you face winter, the Citroën lifestyle capsule collection – Ë (to be pronounced ‘E umlaut’) – has introduced two new items:
- Flannel bodywarmer – €69. The most demanding customers will be delighted to see that special attention has been given to details: an American-style double zip, a reflective logo, a large inside pocket for extra-large smartphones and chin protection to avoid skin contact with the zip (sizes: S to XXL)
- Paired with the bodywarmer is the flannel cap – €19. The Ë logo at the front is reflective. Evoking the Ë collection’s French roots, the cap features blue and red touches that subtly make the accessory stylish and modern.
The Ë bodywarmer and cap are on sale at the C_42 showcase, located at 42 Avenue des Champs-Elysées, Paris. They can be bought online at the Citroën Lifestyle e-boutique www.lifestyle.citroen.com and can be delivered throughout Europe.
An exclusive, forward-looking capsule collection
The Ë capsule collection was launched at the Paris Motor Show 2016. Its sights are set on the future, just like André Citroën’s visionary flair was too. In the same way as concept cars are designed, concept wear from Citroën revisits the brand’s guiding principles with bold style. This modern, technical range of items is called Ë, in reference to the distinctive grapheme found with the word Citroën.
The Ë collection is based on a palette of greys, like the metal bodywork of cars. It also features splashes of blue and red in a nod to the brand's near-centenary relationship with French heritage. The logo is remarkably simple and aesthetically minimalistic. It features as a detail on the different items. The athleisure range includes a hat, a T-shirt, a scarf, sunglasses and even a motorbike helmet. Evoking sport, the collection is a call to pursue leisure activities.
The Ë collection offers high-quality, modern products:
- Glacier sunglasses – €120. Designed alongside Julbo, these blue- or red-tinted sunglasses pay tribute to ‘Made in France’ craftsmanship and provide drivers with vital eye-protection. White leather bridges and side shields give stylish retro charm to these sunglasses, produced in 1 to 50 screen-printed copies.
- Helmet – €400. This urban-style helmet honours craftsmanship in the service of mobility. With a blue-tinted full-size visor featuring reflective marking, this accessory designed alongside Hedon is a call to action.
- Hat – €20. This grey, rib-stitch, woollen hat is a winter wardrobe’s essential item. The wearer can keep themself warm in style.
- T-shirt – €20. Tailored in stretch jersey fabric, this fitted T-shirt inspires relaxation. On its sleeves, blue and red touches pay tribute to French heritage.
- Scarf – €29. The rib stitch of this scarf with coloured edging keeps the wearer comfortable. A true winter essential, signed Ë.
Like all Citroën Lifestyle products, the Ë collection items are on sale at the C_42 showcase, located at 42 Avenue des Champs-Elysées, Paris. They can be bought online at the Citroën Lifestyle e-boutique www.lifestyle.citroen.com and can be delivered throughout Europe (except the Ë helmet, which is only on sale at C_42).
Did you know?
Ë, the umlaut-capped letter at the heart of Citroën
There is a fascinating story behind the name Citroën. André Citroën's great-great-grandfather, Roelof, was a citrus-fruit salesman in Holland. In 1810, the Dutch came under the Napoleonic Code. They had to choose names to identify themselves. Roelof chose the nickname his customers gave him: "Limoenman" (literally "lime-man", "limoen" being the Dutch word for lime). Over the generations, "Limoenman" gradually changed to “Citroen" (Dutch for lemon). The umlaut on the "e" of Citroën first appeared when André Citroën enrolled at the Lycée Condorcet school in Paris. This was used to clarify the French punctuation.
The Brand Citroën
Citroën is an international automotive brand with a full range of cars. Since 1919, the Brand has made its marks through boldness and creativity. With a strong promise of being different by the design and the customization services, Citroën offers well-being through the comfort and the technology of its cars. Citroën cars - such as Citroën C3 and New SUV Compact C3 Aircross - bring a breath of fresh air to the automotive landscape. Fully in tune with its time, Citroën is a people-minded brand that also stands out through a unique customer experience illustrated by its online opinion site Citroën Advisor. With 10,000 sales and after sales points in nearly 80 countries, Citroën sold more than 1.1 million vehicles in 2016. The brand has also amassed 8 Manufacturer’s titles in the FIA WRC and a third consecutive Manufacturer’s title in the WTCC in 2016.
Olivier PETIT - Tél. : +33 (0)6 69 44 43 03 – firstname.lastname@example.org