AT C_42, CITROËN PREVIEWS THE NEW C3 AIRCROSS COMPACT SUV!
For the new season at C_42, Citroën is previewing the C3 Aircross compact SUV, scheduled for launch across the brand network in October. Citroën's international showcase on the Champs-Elysées is marking the event by giving visitors an opportunity to (re)discover the brand's most emblematic concept cars and venture off the beaten path: 2 CV Sahara, the C4 Cactus Aventure concept and the Aircross concept.
Watch a video on the new season at https://youtu.be/RkN1O0uPtPI
Preview of the New C3 Aircross compact SUV
The new season at C_42 turns the spotlight on the New C3 Aircross compact SUV. Ahead of the market launch next month and the roll-out across the brand network, Citroën's latest vehicle is on show to the general public. No fewer than three models are on show, giving visitors an opportunity to discover all its qualities:
- A unique design with personalised feature, strong, crisp styling, with a two-tone roof and splashes of colour.
- Exceptional interior space and modular design, with benchmark boot capacity (up to 520l), a sliding two-part rear bench and a folding front passenger seat.
- 12 driver assistance systems, including a head-up display, wireless smartphone charging and Grip Control®. A virtual reality animation lets users test this traction system, designed for all road conditions: by directing the pointer with their eyes, players identify the right Grip Control mode as quickly as possible while the landscapes roll past.
Emblematic Citroën models and concept cars based on the theme of travel and escape
Alongside the New C3 Aircross compact SUV, the theme of travel and escape is continued with a number of models and concept cars that have made their mark on brand history, such as:
- the 2 CV Sahara. This astonishing 4WD version of the Citroën 2 CV features two independent engines, one at the front and one at the rear. It was built in fewer than 700 examples between 1960 and 1966.
- C4 Cactus Aventure. This concept, presented for the first time at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show, is a C4 Cactus inspired by adventure, with its off-road tyres, roof box, bullbar 'type' protection at front and rear, and onboard cameras.
- AIRCROSS. This colourful concept, presented for the first time at the Shanghai Motor Show in 2015, illustrates Citroën's approach to SUV design. Flowing, non-aggressive lines express a friendly, protective character, confirmed by the ultra-comfortable cabin. This concept was the forerunner of the Citroën C5 Aircross, the new C-segment SUV recently launched in China and scheduled for launch in Europe in second-half 2018.
- SpaceTourer 4x4 Ë. Based on a Citroën SpaceTourer of compact XS dimensions, this 4x4 conversion was presented last March at the Geneva Motor Show. It features the cues of the "Ë" collection of lifestyle products. This original range of modern, high-tech products is expanding this season with the launch of two new products: a body warmer and a cap.
An immersive animation with Citroën CXPERIENCE
Alongside these all-terrain vehicles, C_42 is showing Citroën CXPERIENCE. Unveiled at the 2016 Paris Motor Show, this concept illustrates Citroën's vision of the large saloon segment. Its distinctive lines overturn the cues of conventional large saloons, as does the interior, a perfect embodiment of the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme. For a clearer idea, visitors are invited to get behind the wheel with a virtual reality headset. They can then view an animation named ‘CXperience Virtual Reality’, showing the main technologies featured on CXPERIENCE.
Finally, to relax, the lounge area in the basement has been redesigned to resemble ‘La Maison Citroën’, the brand's new urban dealership concept.
WATCH A VIDEO ON THE NEW SEASON AT https://youtu.be/RkN1O0uPtPI
C_42, Citroën’s international showcase venue, stands at number 42 on one of the world’s most prestigious avenues: the Champs-Élysées in Paris. It opened in its present form in 2007, to develop closer interaction between Citroën and the public at large. Season by season it runs thematic exhibitions on Citroën cars and technologies to keep visitors up to date on what’s happening at Citroën. The venue opens every day: from 11:00 to 20:00 weekdays, from 10:00 weekends, and till 22:00 Fridays and Saturdays. Visitors to C_42 average 1.65 million per year.
C_42 also exhibits on www.c42paris.com, on Instagram (#c42paris) and Facebook.
Paul Mahouin - Tel.: +33 (0)7 61 52 63 16 - email@example.com
Nathalie Roussel - Tel.: +33 (0)6 87 77 41 82 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Find all your Citroën press contacts on http://fr-media.citroen.com/fr/contacts-list