NEW CITROËN C3: EVER MORE PERSONALITY AND COMFORT!
-Today, Citroën is unveiling New C3, the evolution of the Brand's best-seller worldwide, a real success with 750,000 sales achieved by the 3rd C3 generation since its launch at the end of 2016.
-New C3 has a modern and protective look. It doesn’t look like any other vehicle. It builds on its differences with a colourful personality and unrivalled comfort.
-New C3 reinforces its difference with:
- The new Citroën identity : a face full of character inaugurating a brand new Citroën signature inspired by the lastest concept cars and new LED headlights.
- The increased customisation potential with now 97 exterior possible combinations, 3 new roof stickers, 2 new wheel rims and 3 interior colour ambiences including 2 new.
- New Airbump® designs, the brand graphic signature,
- A brand new on-board comfort experience with, for the first time on this segment, new Advanced Comfort seats usually dedicated to upper segments, up to 12 driving aids, and a lot of connected services: Connect Assist for the SOS assistance, Connect Nav with its 7 “ touch tablet and Connect Play for smartphone duplication. Equipment, completely in the tune of the times, which makes everyday life easier.
-With its efficient Euro 6 combustion engines, New C3 is a versatile hatch at the core of the market.
-New C3 will arrive at dealerships starting in June 2020.
With almost 4,5 million sales since its launch, C3 is the best-seller of Citroën range in the top 5 in Europe on its segment at the end of December 2019 and the 3rd best-selling car in France. Charismatic and charming, C3 is continuing its offensive in its highly competitive segment by strengthening its unique design, its colourful personality and its Citroën comfort. The model that gave new impetus to the Brand in 2016 has since brought its appeal to over 750,000 customers around the world. An "Inspired By You" success formula, which intends to continue its expansion to a target of urban and peri-urban young people who are creative, optimistic and in constant movement. It will also continue to appeal to companies. Within this channel, C3 saw its PV+LCV registrations increase by 12.6% in 2019.
With this change, Citroën’s desire to “not be like everyone else” is even more intense.
In short, New C3 is the most customisable and most comfortable hatch on the segment.
UNIQUE PERSONALITY: A NEW FRONT END AND EVER MORE CUSTOMISATION
- New design to nurture the difference. With its assertive style and unique shape on a stereotyped segment, New Citroën C3 continues to shake up the codes of the market. The bold style of its new front end, which ushers in the new Brand signature inspired by the CXPERIENCE Concept, gets new LED headlights, new 16" and 17" alloy wheels and new Airbump® for a more sturdy look.
- Extended customisation potential: “Inspired By You”, Citroën allows everyone to create their car in their own image. New C3's customisation range now extends to 97 combinations, in particular with new exterior colours (Elixir Red and Spring Blue), A new Color Pack, a new roof tone and new interior ambiences, Techwood the warmest one and Emerald more dynamic).
UNRIVALLED COMFORT AND MODERNITY ON BOARD
- New Citroën C3 has been designed to make every journey a pleasant experience.
- A feeling of well-being on-board enhanced by the adoption of new Advanced Comfort seats and a driver armrest supplementing an on-board experience that blends in smoothly (filtration, steering).
- An easy-going model and useful modern technologies combining serenity and modernity on a daily basis. Typical of its era, New C3 offers front parking sensors (new) bringing to 12 the number of driving aids for comfort such as Keyless entry and start and Hill-start assist, and safety such as active safety brake, road sign recognition, automatic switching of main beam headlights.
- Connected services aimed at improving the driver and passengers experience with assistance, navigation and smartphone duplication (Connect Assist, Connect Nav, Connect Play).
ADAPTED TO ALL USES
- Compact and agile, New Citroën C3 offers an on-board experience at the top of the market, that makes it practical for everyday use.
- Attractive and at the core of the market, it is a versatile city car with a range of efficient engines to drive with total peace of mind.
“Over 4,5 million C3 sold since the origin and 750,000 since the launch of its 3rd generation in 2016! A commercial success that confirms its status as the Brand's best-seller. This performance places the car as the 5th on its market in Europe. Citroën intends to continue this success story by strengthening what makes it so different and engaging: a unique look, inaugurating the new Brand’s front end identity, more customisation, a reference comfort and modern equipment really useful everyday. A real concentrate of what our customers expect from a Brand “Inspired By You". Sign of the importance of this model, New C3 ushers the Citroën new front end identity, inspired by our latest concept cars”.
Vincent Cobée, Citroën Brand CEO
1. A UNIQUE PERSONALITY
A versatile city car, symbol of a “crush” purchase, the 3rd generation of Citroën C3 has many advantages that have been able to win over 750,000 customers worldwide since its launch. Immediately recognisable, the model that since 2016 has instigated the new stylistic language of the current range (C3 Aircross SUV, C4 Cactus, Berlingo and C5 Aircross SUV) is renewed for 2020. C3 is about a unique attitude, a different graphic signature, a unique shape on a market that is highly renewed but strongly stereotyped.
A NEW-GENERATION FRONT END
The New Citroën C3's new front end marks a new stage in terms of styling in the Citroën range.
This new front end, inspired directly by the CXPERIENCE concept car, presented at the 2016 Paris Motor Show, is visible right from the first glance. Bold, it gives New C3 a new raised look and enhances its personality. The new signature, reflecting the Citroën identity, changes here to accentuate the perception of the height of the bonnet. First of all, the chevrons and the chrome strip extend to the LED daytime running lights (depending on the trim levels) and highlight the width of the car. Secondly, the new headlamps with a technological look and equipped with LEDs on all trim level have also been redesigned. Furthermore, a touch of colour and freshness is provided by the inserts surrounding the fog lights on the lower part.
New rear quarter panel patterns (shape reminiscent of the design of the capsules at the Airbump®) underline the graphic consistency of the car and establish its profile.
The rear side retains smooth surfaces highlighting the rear lights, whose 3D effect technological light signature highlights the New Citroën C3. At the centre of the tailgate, you can see the shiny black chevrons with chrome surrounds that provide modernity to the rear view.
A BOLD LOOK
New Citroën C3's attitude and style are evolving towards more power and give a natural force to the car. New C3 is sturdier with its harmonious silhouette. Its more powerful forms underlined by new strong graphic elements give it a dynamic stance.
- A high and horizontal front block. Charismatic, it gives New C3 a completely confident look for a compact size measuring 3.99m long. The side view highlights the floating roof held by black windscreen pillars, while the lines of the horizontal window weatherstrips are in line with the deliberately high bonnet.
- Side Airbump® (depending on versions). A true graphic signature, they protect the bodywork whilst reinforcing the vehicle's style. Redesigned, they are made up of a set of 3 capsules in relief positioned at the bottom of the door, featuring a coloured surround according to the Colour Pack chosen by the customer.
- Large diameter wheels (depending on versions). Standing firmly on the road, the New C3 offers the largest wheels on the market (640 mm depending on the levels). They reinforce the car's unique character and also promote comfort by allowing the height of the side to be preserved.
- Wing extenders and rocker panel (depending on levels). Visually present, the wide wheel arches emphasise the generously curved front and rear wings and give the car energy. The feeling of protection is reinforced by the wide bulk-dyed bumpers in the lower part, which ensure robustness on a daily basis.
2. STRONGER CUSTOMISATION OFFERING
At its launch in 2016, C3 was the first model to offer its customers a comprehensive and coherent customisation offer at the core of the market. A feature that will become a marker of Citroën positioning on the rest of the range. New C3 further increases the possibilities for the customer to find a suitable vehicle.
Faithful to the "Inspired By You" signature, customisation makes it possible for everyone to fully assert their personality and style, with an exterior look from discreet to trendy, and the opportunity to jazz up a classic tint with a contrasted roof colour and/or coloured inserts. The rear view mirrors and quarter panel trim are the same colour as the roof panel to form a uniform set and add character to the New Citroën C3. The Colour Packs trim the Airbump® as well as the fog light surrounds.
UP TO 97 EXTERIOR COMBINATIONS
More than ever up-to-date and “Inspired by You”, C3 further increases its customisation potential by changing from 36 to 97 combinations and thus enhances the modernity and appeal of its offer. To achieve this feat and offer every customer a C3 in their own image, the New Citroën C3 inaugurates new body colours, new two-tone versions (incorporating the roof, wing mirror shells and the rear quarter panel trim), new coloured inserts on the fog lights and the Airbump® surround, as well as new graphic trims decorating the roof capsule for an ever more distinctive presentation.
In short, the New C3 reinforces its position as the most customisable car in its segment thanks to its:
- 7 body colours: including 2 bright new colours - Elixir Red and Spring Blue - in addition to the colours that are already known (Perla Nera Black, Steel Grey, Platinum Grey, Soft Sand, Polar White).
- 4 Colour Packs: or coloured inserts including fog lamp and Airbump® trims The Emerald Blue colour is added to the Black, White and Red.
- 4 roof colours: including 1 new Emerald Blue colour (in addition to Opal White, Onyx Black, Aden Red). Roof colours in accordance with the colour of the wing mirrors and the quarter panel trim.
- 3 roof decors: with the introduction of new graphic themes (Red, Techwood, Emerald) in the form of stickers on the roof capsule and the quarter panel trim.
New Citroën C3 also has new 16" and 17" wheel rims (depending on the versions) that strengthen its character in profile. 16" HELLIX diamond- cut black two-tone wheel rims offered as an option, with additional diamond-cut 16" MATRIX wheel rims, or even 17" VECTOR alloy wheel rims.
NEW AMBIENCES ON BOARD
The customisation programme is also featured on board the New C3, a space offering peace of mind, with a nod to the world of La Maison Citroën (Techwood colour scheme) and Scandinavian furniture. In addition to the standard colour ambience, which highlights a clean look, New C3 is available in 2 new optional interior colour ambiences, one warm and chic and the other more dynamic.
New C3's interior goes up-range and immerses the occupants in a "cosy" bubble. New C3 has a thoughtfully designed dashboard that creates a feeling of warmth from its Colour and Materials treatment in harmony with the doors or seats for a consistent overall look.
- Emerald ambience: ambience from a more dynamic universe playing the contrast between dark colours and Emerald coloured touches. A technical textile (3D mesh) with a "dynamic" look adorns the upholstery and a black TEP covers the dashboard panel. The dashboard surround and coloured fabric strips give an unprecedented and quality visual continuity.
- Techwood ambience: high-end colour ambience with soft-touch materials and special stitching. The marriage of the elegant strip with the "light wood” appearance on the dashboard (whose technical framework refers to the CXPERIENCE concept) and the light trim at the upper part of the seats (fabric strip inspired by the dashboard trim with topstitching) provides elegance and warmth in the passenger compartment.
“Since the design is the no. 1 reason for purchasing on the B segment (34% versus 22% on average in the market), Citroën brand has made efforts to further strengthen the style and customisation of New C3. As such, in 2019, the order take-up rate of two-tone versions reached 65% . New C3 is the most customisable hatch in its category. Demand from the Brand's was clear: give value to the 3rd generation in order to meet the desire for consistency in the range. The “Colours and Materials” team enhanced the dashboard with a wooden trim in the Scandinavian spirit, made the choice of a light upper backrest with its head rest in the same shade, which highlights the flotation line, opted for high-quality and unusual fabrics (one technical for a dynamic colour scheme, the other more elegant), and frugal touches of colour on the inside, reminiscent of the exterior with new colours, including Emerald. A successful mission! "
Hélène Veilleux, Head of Colours and Materials
3. COMFORT AND MODERNITY ON BOARD
To make its best-seller ever more seductive and to allow customers to feel “at home” behind the wheel, the designers of New C3 have made no compromises on comfort on board, applying the Citroën Advanced Comfort®.
A true living space, able to accommodate up to 5 people, New C3 has changed for ever greater on-board well-being and capitalises on its strengths.
COMFORT: BEST IN CLASS SUSPENSIONS
Agile, compact and versatile, this 5-door hatch, which benefits from a contained length (3.99 m), asserts its driving style thanks to the special care taken with the comfort of its suspensions, which are a gold standard in the segment and with the care taken with the acoustic treatment. A synthesis offering a uniquely hushed atmosphere and a typical Citroën signature at the wheel. New C3 also benefits from a cocoon effect that filters the outside world and insulates passengers from the road.
NEW CITROËN ADVANCED COMFORT SEATS
If it is a point on which New Citroën C3 is standing out, it is the Brand's distinctive form of comfort. To bring comfort into a new dimension, the wide and generous seats of the New C3 have been carefully crafted. Like its siblings New C5 Aircross SUV and C4 Cactus, New C3 features Advanced Comfort seats: a 100% Citroën innovation.
These generous seats - which feel almost like an armchair - provide enhanced comfort both visually and in terms of posture with padding with graphic effect and lumbar support (adjustable on the driver's side).
- From the first contact, the approach comfort is felt with a special foam on the surface of thickened fabric (the foam changes from 2 mm to 15 mm) for unrivalled softness.
- In dynamic mode, the occupants of the New C3 enjoy lumbar support at the heart of the seat at the best level for better driving comfort.
In addition, New C3, listening to its customers, now has an armrest on the driver's side for greater everyday comfort (NEW, available on optional ambiences).
New Citroën C3 can count on the perception of immediate space that it procures, thanks to its notorious interior space in the front and rear, its numerous and clever storage areas, as well as its excellent boot volume.
Right from entry level, New C3 expresses well-being thanks to its generous and welcoming spaces. C3 has understood this and benefits from spaciousness which makes it a benchmark on the market. It offers an immediate impression of space, due to the design of the horizontal sleek dashboard and the design of the seats, which is confirmed with a panel width of 1,379 mm. A heightened sense, regardless of the interior ambience, thanks to the treatment and particular care taken in colours, volumes and materials. The rear is not left behind. In the 2nd row, legroom is unrivalled.
Designed to be a "home from home", New C3 is easy-going for everyday use. The storage areas have been designed in the most functional way possible to allow interior harmony. New C3 offers a clever central storage area that allows a maximum space at the front of the vehicle to be released, supplemented by a large glove compartment (6.25L). Cleverly, the light colour chosen for the interior of these storage areas contrasts with the objects left in the cubby boxes in order to find them more easily. Finally, no compromise on the boot volume, C3 has a generous 300L boot volume.
12 DRIVING AIDS THAT ARE USEFUL FOR EVERYDAY USE
Car comfort is also achieved through easier on-board experience and the smooth use of funcionalities. Guided by the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme, the design of New C3 highlights the ergonomics of controls, showcasing of driving information and intuitive technologies. Inspired by its customers and their way of experiencing the car, C3 makes life easier every day thanks to its range of comfort as well as safety equipment
Modern, New C3 offers no fewer than 12 driver assistance technologies that are useful for a hassle-free driving experience:
- NEW - FRONT AND REAR PARKING SENSORS: designed for easier urban driving, this system includes 6 front park assist sensors that are triggered in the form of an audible warning.
- KEYLESS ENTRY AND START: this system allows you to lock/unlock and start your car with the keys in your pocket. The car thus recognises its driver as soon as he/she approaches.
- ACTIVE SAFETY BRAKE: this emergency braking system limits the risk of collision. It operates from 5 km/h with fixed or moving objects and with pedestrians. If there is no driver reaction after the collision risk warning, the system automatically slows the vehicle.
- COFFEE BREAK ALERT: the system warns the driver when it is time to take a break, after two hours of non-stop driving at more than 65 km/h.
- DRIVER ATTENTION ALERT: this system assesses the driver's vigilance by identifying the trajectory deviations in relation to the road markings. This function is particularly suited to fast roads at speeds above 65 km/h.
- BLIND SPOT MONITORING SYSTEM: this function switches on the main beam and dipped beam lights, depending on the traffic, when a car is detected.
- REVERSING CAMERA with parking sensors: when reverse gear is engaged, this camera displays the rear view on the main screen. The view is accompanied by colour tags which depend on the proximity to an obstacle. A real expanded view to make manoeuvring easier.
- HILL-START ASSIST: this assistance facilitates hill starts. This prevents the undesired movement of the vehicle on a slope when the brake pedal is released and acts on slopes greater than 3% by stabilising the car for 2 seconds.
- LANE DEPARTURE WARNING SYSTEM: this system is used to combat drowsiness or a simple moment of inattention when driving at speeds above 60 km/h. When the car crosses a white line without the indicator having been activated, the system computer triggers an alert. The driver is then alerted by sound beeps and a visual alert when the line is crossed.
- BLIND SPOT MONITORING SYSTEM: this system indicates, via a pictogram in the wing mirrors, the presence of a vehicle in the blind spots. Working on the same principle as rear parking sensors, this function represents a major safety benefit on urban motorways, for example.
- SPEED LIMIT SIGN AND RECOGNITION AND RECOMMENDATION: the system recognises speed limit signs and gives this information to the driver. This speed can be recorded as a setpoint for the cruise control/speed limiter. It operates over the whole speed range. The system also detects end-of-limit signs.
- CRUISE CONTROL WITH DRIVER ADJUSTABLE SPEED LIMITER: the speed can be used to set the speed limiter/cruise control.
New C3 focuses on modernity and fluidity by offering connected services offer with: Connect Assist (safety and assistance), Connect Nav (navigation) and Connect Play (infotainment).
This package of services is part of the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme, with the sole aim of making access to connected services quick and intuitive for the customer, while meeting 3 key requirements: optimal safety, easy navigation and an amplified connected experience.
For the safety of the driver and passengers, the New C3 comes with Assistance & SOS.
-Automatic call or manual pressing of the "Assistance" button: if necessary, this service allows a driver to be put in contact with a dedicated call centre.
-Two possibilities in the event of an emergency:
- In the event of an accident with activation of airbags: an automatic call arrives at the emergency service, informed of the vehicle's location.
- If it is a light accident or if someone feels unwell, the driver can press the red "SOS" button to send a message to the emergency service that contains the identification of the vehicle and its exact location.
Connect Assist allows you to connect the My Citroën application to the vehicle and thus have access to the vehicle
data such as driving range, parking location, mileage, next service.
New C3 highlights the technology with its 7’’ touchscreen incorporating all the functions intuitively.
- Located in the centre of the dashboard, this panoramic capacitive screen has a new "glossy appearance" for a more technological look. The tablet features a rib at the bottom, which supports the hand and guarantees optimal use.
- The Connect Nav touchscreen can also be controlled by voice recognition and allows to interact with the following areas: Navigation, Telephone, Radio.
- It is associated with connected services. TomTom Traffic provides real-time traffic information so that you can find the best route. The location and prices of service stations and car parks, weather information and local search for points of interest are also proposed.
- Users will also appreciate the free 3-year subscription to visual and sound reporting of danger areas (according to current legislation in the countries).
- In France, the optional Free2Move Park & Pass service is also linked to this tablet: it offers a toll system badge, payment of certain car parks via the central screen, or jockey service at the airport or in a high-speed train station (only in France).
The Mirror Screen technology compatible with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto allows a smartphone to be connected and its screen to be duplicated on the vehicle’s one. The driver can then find his/her multimedia content and directly and easily control the smartphone and compatible apps from the touchscreen tablet. In order to guarantee driver safety, only driving functionalities are accessible.
New C3 has a Citroën technology combining sharing and peace of mind: the ConnectedCAM Citroën®. This connected camera, perfectly integrated, makes it possible to capture images or videos (up to 20 seconds) of life’s moments and post them on social networks via the free ConnectedCAM Citroën® application, or to keep them for private use. With a wide 120° angle, full HD, 2 million pixels, GPS and 16 GB internal memory, it can also be useful for the driver during an incident and provide evidence. In the event of an impact, recording is automatically activated and allows you to save a minute thirty (30 seconds before/1 minute after).
RANGE OF LATEST-GENERATION ENGINES
Particularly agile thanks to its 10.7m turning circle, New Citroën C3 measures 3.99 m and offers an optimal compactness in urban areas. It has 5 doors and 5 seats, which makes it practical in all circumstances. Offering real driving pleasure in town with real open-road capacities, New C3 adapts precisely to every short or long distance journey, to take the kids to their sports event or go away for the weekend with friends.
It has high-performance, efficient and economical latest-generation engines certified according to the Euro 6 emissions standard:
- 3-cylinder PureTech 83 petrol (PureTech 83 S&S 5-speed manual) and 110 (PureTech 110 S&S 6-speed manual gearbox),
- 3-cylinder PureTech 83 petrol (PureTech 83 S&S 5-speed manual) and 110 (PureTech 110 S&S 6-speed manual gearbox),
- or Diesel BlueHDi 100 (BlueHDi 100 S&S 5-speed manual gearbox).
And for ever greater flexibility and peace of mind at the wheel, New C3 is also available with the EAT6 automatic gearbox (PureTech 110 S&S EAT6).
The entry into sale of New Citroën C3 is scheduled for June 2020.
“With the restyling of C3, Citroën wants to follow on the story of its best seller. New C3 therefore had to go even further. That is what it is done: with its look that is even more assertive thanks to its new front end, with the new customisation possibilities, with its meticulous comfort, particularly related to its new Advanced Comfort seats, with its suspension that puts it in1st place in its category, with its useful technology on-board, New C3 will continue to appeal to fans of the model, and conquer new customers. "
Laurence Hansen, Director of Strategy and Product
Length: 3.99 m
Width: 1.75 m
Height: 1.47 m
Wheelbase: 2.54 m
Boot volume: 300 l
FILMS AND PHOTOS AVAILABLE AT:
User ID (CAPS): NEW_C3
Password (CAPS): REVEAL_C3
The Citroën brand
At the heart of the automotive market, Citroën has been a popular brand in the noble sense of the word since 1919, its main source of inspiration being people and their lifestyles. This spirit is underlined by its baseline “Inspired by You” and embodied by cars boasting unique styling and benchmark comfort. Citroën also stands out among mainstream carmakers by bringing its customers a singular experience, for example with Citroën Advisor and “La Maison Citroën”. In 2018, the Brand sold a million vehicles in more than 90 countries.
Find all the Citroën press contacts at http://fr-media.citroen.com/fr/contacts-list